New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams
NEW YORK, N.Y. - New York City FC goalkeeper Sean Johnson and forward Jonathan Lewis were today called into the United States Men's National Team for the second consecutive camp under newly appointed head coach Gregg Berhalter.
Additionally, defender Alex Callens has received a call-up into Peru's camp for friendlies against Paraguay and El Salvador.
Johnson won his sixth cap in a 3-0 victory over Panama in January. The goalkeeper recently kept his first clean sheet of the year last weekend in a 0-0 draw with D.C. United.
Lewis made his debut with the senior national team in the same match against Panama and provided an assist to Christian Ramirez after coming on as a substitute. The forward followed up his debut performance with a second assist in as many appearances against Costa Rica.
Lewis has appeared in both matches this season for NYCFC and assisted Ebenezer Ofori's opening day goal against Orlando City on March 2nd.
Callens has 11 caps with the last in October when he played 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw with the United States.
The defender has played all 180 minutes this season for NYCFC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2019
- Red Bulls Knocked out of SCCL by Santos Laguna - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Foundation, FCC Open Lincoln Recreation Center Mini-Pitch - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake FW Corey Baird Called in to U.S. National Team - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Robin Jansson - Orlando City SC
- Game Day Concessions Options Expanded for FC Cincinnati's 2019 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. C.F. Monterrey - Atlanta United FC
- USMNT Names 24-Player Roster for Friendly at Orlando City Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies - D.C. United
- New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Bradley Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Callep up by the United States National Team - Montreal Impact
- Three New York Red Bulls Set for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Three Columbus Crew SC Player Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Osorio Called into Canadian Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Get Set for Inaugural Home Opener this Sunday - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- Orlando City SC 1 Ã¢ÂÂ 1 New York City FC; Orlando City SC Advances 6-5 on Penalties
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week
- New York City FC and Heineken Launch Multiyear Partnership Renewal to Kickoff 2020 MLS Playoff Campaign
- New York City FC and the YES Network to Debut "NYCFC - Home for the CityÃ¢ÂÂÃÂ Playoff Preview on Tuesday, November 17ÃÂ on YES