LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team
LOS ANGELES - U.S. Men's National Team head coach Gregg Berhalter has called up LA Galaxy midfielder Sebastian Lletget, U.S. Soccer announced today. Lletget is one of 24 players Berhalter has called in for his second camp, beginning March 17 in Orlando.
The USMNT takes its next steps with challenges against Ecuador on March 21 at Orlando City Stadium, then five days later against defending South American champion Chile on March 26 at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston. Both matches will be shown live at 5 p.m. PT on ESPN2, UniMas and UDN.
Lletget also earned a call up during this year's annual January camp for games against Panama and Costa Rica, where he logged his first minutes with the USMNT since 2017, when he suffered a season-ending Lisfranc fracture after scoring his first national team goal earlier in the match. Against Costa Rica, Lletget was influential in the team's 2-0 win, scoring a goal and adding an assist during the victory. In all, Lletget now has seven appearances and two goals with the USMNT.
"Our goal is to make progress. Building on the themes of last camp, building on the style of play of last camp, but also now evaluating a new group of players," Berhalter said. "I think we made progress in the first camp and I think it's now asking if we can take it to another level. When we are done with this camp, it's really important that we have a good idea of our strongest group of players heading into the Gold Cup."
U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):
GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge, BEL; 3/0), Sean Johnson (New York City
FC; 6/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 8/0)
DEFENDERS (8): John Brooks (Wolfsburg, GER; 36/3), Omar Gonzalez (Atlas, MEX; 48/3), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 2/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 4/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact; 2/0), Matt Miazga (Reading, ENG; 11/1), Tim Ream (Fulham, ENG; 26/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United, ENG; 57/0)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig, GER; 9/1), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC, CAN; 143/17), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 7/2), Weston McKennie (Schalke, GER; 7/1), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund, GER; 23/9), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 7/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 13/0)
FORWARDS (6): Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 19/3), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 2/0), Jonathan Lewis (New York City FC; 2/0), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 25/5), Christian Ramirez (LAFC; 2/1), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 42/6)
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2019 Major League Soccer season are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2019 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2019
- Red Bulls Knocked out of SCCL by Santos Laguna - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Foundation, FCC Open Lincoln Recreation Center Mini-Pitch - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake FW Corey Baird Called in to U.S. National Team - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Robin Jansson - Orlando City SC
- Game Day Concessions Options Expanded for FC Cincinnati's 2019 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. C.F. Monterrey - Atlanta United FC
- USMNT Names 24-Player Roster for Friendly at Orlando City Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies - D.C. United
- New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Bradley Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Callep up by the United States National Team - Montreal Impact
- Three New York Red Bulls Set for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Three Columbus Crew SC Player Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Osorio Called into Canadian Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Get Set for Inaugural Home Opener this Sunday - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly
- 2021 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships Now Available
- Four Additional LA Galaxy Players Depart for International Duty
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3