Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada
MONTREAL - Defender Zachary Brault-Guillard and midfielder Samuel Piette have been selected by the Canadian national team to take part in the last Concacaf Nations League qualification game, on Sunday, March 24, against French Guiana, at BC Place, in Vancouver.
Canada needs a win to guarantee its spot in both the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup and 2019-20 Concacaf Nations League Group A.
Brault-Guillard, 20, has played two games with the Canadian national team, making his senior debut on October 16, 2018, against Dominica in a Concacaf Nations League qualification game. He had played three games with the U20 team in the 2017 Concacaf U20 Championship, in Costa Rica. He joined the Canadian program in 2016 at the age of 17.
Piette, 24, has recorded three assists in 40 games, including 26 starts, with the Canadian national team. He made his senior debut with the Reds at the age of 17, on June 3, 2012, against the United States. He took part in the 2017 Concacaf Gold Cup, starting all four games during the tournament. He had previously played in the 2013 and 2015 editions, while also appearing in several 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. He also represented Canada at the U17, U20 and U23 levels and played in the 2011 FIFA U17 World Cup in Mexico.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2019
- Red Bulls Knocked out of SCCL by Santos Laguna - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Foundation, FCC Open Lincoln Recreation Center Mini-Pitch - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake FW Corey Baird Called in to U.S. National Team - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Robin Jansson - Orlando City SC
- Game Day Concessions Options Expanded for FC Cincinnati's 2019 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. C.F. Monterrey - Atlanta United FC
- USMNT Names 24-Player Roster for Friendly at Orlando City Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies - D.C. United
- New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Bradley Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Callep up by the United States National Team - Montreal Impact
- Three New York Red Bulls Set for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Three Columbus Crew SC Player Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Osorio Called into Canadian Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Get Set for Inaugural Home Opener this Sunday - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.