Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Robin Jansson
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC has signed defender Robin Jansson (Yahn-Son) to the First Team roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P1 Visa. The Swedish center back joins the Lions from AIK, a Swedish club and defending league champions from Stockholm, competing in Sweden's highest tier of soccer.
"Robin is a guy that we're excited to bring to Orlando after the success he has had overseas in Sweden," said Orlando City SC EVP of Soccer Operations Luiz Muzzi. "This signing continues to build depth and competition within our group for the 2019 season."
Jansson, 27, recorded 25 starts for AIK during last season's campaign in Allsvenskan competition. The highlight of Jansson's season with AIK came against Kalmar FF where the defender scored the game-winning goal to secure the Allsvenskan league title for AIK.
While with AIK, Jansson also started on the backline for three of the club's four Europa League qualifying matches, logging a start against FC Nordsjaelland and playing a total of 210 minutes against Shamrock Rovers.
Prior to joining AIK, Jansson played three seasons for Swedish club IK Oddevold. Over the course of three seasons, Jansson appeared in 50 matches for Oddevold. Jansson is a product of the highly regarded BK Häcken Academy.
At the international level, Jansson made his country debut on Jan. 8, 2019 in a friendly against Finland.
TRANSACTION: Orlando City SC signs center back Robin Jansson.
Name: Robin Jansson
Born: November 15, 1991
Birthplace: Trollhättan, Sweden
Hometown: Trollhättan, Sweden
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2019
- Red Bulls Knocked out of SCCL by Santos Laguna - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Foundation, FCC Open Lincoln Recreation Center Mini-Pitch - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake FW Corey Baird Called in to U.S. National Team - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Signs Center Back Robin Jansson - Orlando City SC
- Game Day Concessions Options Expanded for FC Cincinnati's 2019 Season - FC Cincinnati
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. C.F. Monterrey - Atlanta United FC
- USMNT Names 24-Player Roster for Friendly at Orlando City Stadium - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Homegrown Defender Nick Lima Called to U.S. MNT - San Jose Earthquakes
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies - D.C. United
- New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Bradley Called into U.S. Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- Defender Daniel Lovitz Callep up by the United States National Team - Montreal Impact
- Three New York Red Bulls Set for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Three Columbus Crew SC Player Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team - Columbus Crew SC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Osorio Called into Canadian Men's National Team - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Get Set for Inaugural Home Opener this Sunday - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Playoff Update: the Conference Semifinals
- Orlando City SC Eastern Conference Semifinal Matchup vs. New England Officially Sold Out
- Orlando City Set to Host New England Revolution in Eastern Conference Semifinals on Sunday
- The Never-Ending Shootout
- Lions Defeat NYCFC in Penalty Shootout, Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinals