Three Points: Dynamo Host Rooney and East-Leading D.C. United on Saturday
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo will look to remain unbeaten at home on Saturday night when they host English legend Wayne Rooney, Argentine star Luciano Acosta and D.C. United at BBVA Compass Stadium (7:30 p.m. CDT | TICKETS | KUBE 57).
Dynamo forward Mauro Manotas scored his sixth league goal of the season on Wednesday as Houston and the Portland Timbers played to a 1-1 draw. Manotas enters Saturday's game with four goals in the last four games and his tally versus the Timbers moved him into a tie for third on the club's all-time scoring list with his 41st career goal, matching club legend Brad Davis. With Wednesday's draw, the Dynamo remain in fourth place in the MLS Western Conference.
Houston Dynamo (6-2-2; 20 pts.) vs. D.C. United (7-3-3; 24 pts.)
Saturday 18, May 18 - 7:30 p.m. CDT
KUBE 57 - Glenn Davis, Eddie Robinson, Cindy Burbano
Univision Radio 1010 AM - Daniel Mejia & Lester Gretsch
Here are three key points ahead of Saturday night's game:
1. UNBEATEN AT HOME - Houston enters Saturday's game with a 5-0-2 record at BBVA Compass Stadium and look for their sixth victory in the last seven games at home. The Dynamo have outscored their opponents by six goals (13 GF, 7 GA) in Houston and have only trailed twice at home this season. The Dynamo have only trailed in 24 minutes of the seven games (630 minutes) disputed at home and look to maximize the amount of points won in Houston prior to a congested travel schedule in June and July. The Dynamo have earned 17 points from 21 disputed at BBVA Compass Stadium and Houston looks to position themselves at the top of the Western Conference prior to an extended stretch on the road. After Saturday, the Dynamo will play seven of their next 10 matches on the road, beginning with a trip to Minneapolis next weekend.
2. FANTASTIC FOUR ON DISPLAY - The Dynamo will celebrate Superhero Night, presented by Greater Houston Honda Dealers, on Saturday and Houston's "Fantastic Four" will be in action as attacking stars Mauro Manotas, Alberth Elis, Memo Rodriguez and Romell Quioto take the field at BBVA Compass Stadium. The quartet have combined for 14 goals and 13 assists this year, and as they go, so goes the team. In the last two matches, they've teamed up for 22 shots and 10 shots on goal, but only one goal. On Saturday, they'll look to regain the potent scoring form that drove the team to a 6-1-1 start over the first eight matches.
3. D.C. UNITED SIT TOP IN THE EAST-English legend Wayne Rooney and Argentine star Luciano Acosta. "LuchoRoo," have lead the Black-and-Red to the top of the MLS Eastern Conference after combining to produce eight goals and six assists this season. This is Rooney's first visit to BBVA Compass Stadium after he signed with United last June. Ben Olsen's squad enter the match with a three-game unbeaten streak after they defeated Columbus and Sporting Kansas City earlier this month, and settled for a draw in Toronto last Wednesday. Houston will seek its first victory over United since July 22, 2017 when the Dynamo left RFK Stadium with three points after a 3-1 victory. D.C. United's last victory over Houston came with a similar score line at BBVA Compass Stadium on Oct. 12, 2014.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 17, 2019
- Colorado Rapids Loan Defender Abdul Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Philadelphia Union - May 18, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Host FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Suspended Two Games - LA Galaxy
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Preview: Orlando City Returns Home to Host FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Dynamo Host Rooney and East-Leading D.C. United on Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- Impact Hosts New England Revolution Saturday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo & Dash to Celebrate Inclusivity & Unity with Soccer for All Month in June - Houston Dynamo
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting Signs Wilson Harris to Short-Term Agreement - Sporting Kansas City
- Jordyn Huitema Signs Professional Contract with French Club Paris Saint-Germain - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Preview: Sporting Begins Homestand Saturday vs. Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Toronto FC on Saturday Afternoon in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- David Accam to Provide Experience to New Nashville SC Side in MLS - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Columbus Crew Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Launch Local #SoccerForAll Campaign - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Falls to Los Angeles FC 2-0 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Earns Third Straight Shutout, Defeats FC Dallas 2-0 - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Houston Dynamo Acquire General Allocation Money from Atlanta United FC
- Dynamo, Special Olympics Texas, 76 Team up for Unified We Play Challenge
- All Dynamo Matches in MLS Is Back Tournament to be Nationally Televised
- Diesel's Skill Builders Program Partnering with Fort Bend ISD to Reach More Than 2,000 Kids
- eMLS to Crown 2020 Champion with eMLS Cup Presented by Coca-Cola and PlayStation=AE on June 28