Sporting Signs Wilson Harris to Short-Term Agreement
Sporting Kansas City has signed 19-year-old Swope Park Rangers forward Wilson Harris to a Short-Term Agreement, making him available for the club's MLS home match against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday at Children's Mercy Park.
Injuries to several players on the Sporting roster has made the club eligible for Extreme Hardship, which exists when a club has less than 14 outfield players available or has fewer than two goalkeepers available. As a result, Sporting has signed Harris from the club's USL Championship affiliate to a short-term loan for Saturday's match.
Harris, 19, joined the Sporting KC Academy in 2017 and began his professional career with the Rangers in May 2018. He has tallied four goals in 22 USL Championship appearances for the club, including the final strike in a 5-1 win over LA Galaxy II last October that vaulted SPR into the USL Cup Playoffs for the third straight year.
Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. CT on Saturday and tickets are available at SeatGeek.com while supplies last, including a $25 package that consists of a South Stand general admission ticket plus admission to the Leaders in Faith Pre-Match Panel inside the Ameritas Shield Club featuring Kansas City Chiefs Pro Bowl punter Dustin Colquitt and former University of Kansas basketball star and NBA champion Wayne Simien. In addition, the first 5,000 fans through the Children's Mercy Park gates will receive a clear stadium bag courtesy of Children's Mercy.
Saturday's contest will be televised live on FOX Sports Kansas City Plus and FOX Sports Midwest Plus with 30 minutes of pregame and postgame coverage, while Sports Radio 810 WHB and ESPN Deportes KC 1480 AM will carry local radio broadcasts. Live streamers can also catch the action on FOX Sports GO within the FOX Sports Midwest footprint or on ESPN+ elsewhere across the U.S. The Final Whistle postgame show will air immediately afterward on 810 WHB.
Transaction: Sporting Kansas City (MLS) signs Swope Park Rangers (USL Championship) forward Wilson Harris to a Short-Term Agreement for Saturday's match against Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
Born: 11/28/99 (19 years old)
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 17, 2019
- Colorado Rapids Loan Defender Abdul Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Philadelphia Union - May 18, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Host FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Suspended Two Games - LA Galaxy
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Preview: Orlando City Returns Home to Host FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Dynamo Host Rooney and East-Leading D.C. United on Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- Impact Hosts New England Revolution Saturday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo & Dash to Celebrate Inclusivity & Unity with Soccer for All Month in June - Houston Dynamo
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting Signs Wilson Harris to Short-Term Agreement - Sporting Kansas City
- Jordyn Huitema Signs Professional Contract with French Club Paris Saint-Germain - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Preview: Sporting Begins Homestand Saturday vs. Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Toronto FC on Saturday Afternoon in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- David Accam to Provide Experience to New Nashville SC Side in MLS - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Columbus Crew Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Launch Local #SoccerForAll Campaign - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Falls to Los Angeles FC 2-0 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Earns Third Straight Shutout, Defeats FC Dallas 2-0 - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.