FC Cincinnati Launch Local #SoccerForAll Campaign
CINCINNATI - Ahead of next Saturday's home game against the New York Red Bulls, FC Cincinnati are asking the region to proclaim who their "Soccer is For."
Activating as part of MLS WORKS "Soccer For All" program, FCC is offering fans throughout the Tri-State region an opportunity to visibly demonstrate the inclusivity of the sport and supporting FC Cincinnati.
After filling out specially designed signs, fans are encouraged to post a photo on their social media channels - Instagram, Twitter or Facebook - using the hashtags #SoccerForAll and #FCCincy.
Signs are available to download and print at fccincinnati.com/soccerforall and at participating FCC sponsors and partners (while supplies last), including FCC program benefactor First Financial Bank and its local branches.
Link: Download the #SoccerForAll Sign Now!
On Friday, Aug. 24, one special fan will be selected randomly from those who posted using the correct hashtags and she or he will win two (2) tickets to the May 25 match against the Red Bulls.
"Soccer in the U.S. - and specifically Major League Soccer - has done remarkable work to show how inclusive and welcoming our sport is to any and all fans," FC Cincinnati President Jeff Berding said. "Soccer truly is a game for everyone - no matter your age, sex, ethnicity, race, religion, sexuality or ability. No matter who you are, or how you identify yourself, you're welcome in MLS, and especially at FC Cincinnati.
"Through this campaign, we hope our fans show everyone how our game has impacted their city, their neighborhood and their family, and help us raise awareness of the welcoming and inclusive nature of our sport and our league, " Berding added.
In addition to fans showing who their "Soccer is For" during the week on social media leading up to next Saturday's game, 10,000 additional posters will be available at the Nippert Stadium gates for the New York game. Fans will be encouraged to fill out their own signs as they arrive.
Joining together with those fans who bring their signs from their social media engagement, all fans are encouraged to participate in a stadium-wide halftime activity to show Cincinnati who their soccer is for.
FC Cincinnati returns to the field on Sunday, May 19, when the team travels to Orlando City SC. First kick is set for 3 p.m., and the game will be televised live on WSTR 64, streamed on FloFC (in-region) and ESPN+ (out-of-region), carried on the radio on WDJO with an audio stream on TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com. FCC returns home on Saturday, May 25, to face the New York Red Bulls at 7:30 p.m. at Nippert Stadium. Pick-Six mini plans, and individual-game tickets and group options are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 17, 2019
- Colorado Rapids Loan Defender Abdul Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Philadelphia Union - May 18, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Host FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Suspended Two Games - LA Galaxy
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Preview: Orlando City Returns Home to Host FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Dynamo Host Rooney and East-Leading D.C. United on Saturday - Houston Dynamo FC
- Impact Hosts New England Revolution Saturday at Stade Saputo - Club de Foot Montreal
- Dynamo & Dash to Celebrate Inclusivity & Unity with Soccer for All Month in June - Houston Dynamo FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting Signs Wilson Harris to Short-Term Agreement - Sporting Kansas City
- Jordyn Huitema Signs Professional Contract with French Club Paris Saint-Germain - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Preview: Sporting Begins Homestand Saturday vs. Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Toronto FC on Saturday Afternoon in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- David Accam to Provide Experience to New Nashville SC Side in MLS - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Columbus Crew Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Launch Local #SoccerForAll Campaign - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Falls to Los Angeles FC 2-0 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Earns Third Straight Shutout, Defeats FC Dallas 2-0 - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.