Real Salt Lake Hosts Toronto FC on Saturday Afternoon in Sandy
SANDY, Utah - Real Salt Lake welcomes Toronto FC to Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday, May 18 at 1:00p MT. The match will be broadcast live locally on KMYU and the KSL TV app as Head Coach Mike Petke aims to build upon the club's Western Conference's best 100-26-46 (349 points) home record since 2009.
Fans can purchase $15 tickets by visiting RSL.com/promo and entering code: StrongerTogether at checkout.
RSL is coming off the back of a dramatic 3-2 victory over Rocky Mountain rival Colorado Rapids last Saturday, a match that saw the close affair settled by FW Sam Johnson's fourth goal of the year and GK Andrew Putna's second-half penalty kick save. RSL saw a pair of first-half strikes from FW Corey Baird and MF Albert Rusnák cancelled out just after the halftime break before a stronger second half performance ushered RSL to the full three points.
The last time RSL and Toronto faced one another was March of 2018 at BMO Field in Toronto, a match that saw Baird score his first goal in an RSL uniform to spur his historic AT&T Rookie of the Year campaign. RSL ultimately fell 3-1 in the match, despite a first-half penalty kick save from GK Nick Rimando.
TFC will arrive in Utah for its third match in seven days, having hosted Philadelphia on May 11 and D.C. United on May 15. Most recently, the Canadian club played to a scoreless draw with D.C. United on Wednesday.
How to Follow Real Salt Lake vs. Toronto FC - Sat., May 18, 2019
- Coverage Begins: 12:30 p.m. MT
- Local TV: KMYU with David James (play-by-play), Brian Dunseth (color)
- Digital Streaming: KSL TV App
- English Radio: ESPN700 with Bill Riley (play-by-play) & Jay Nolly (color)
- Spanish Radio: 107.1 FM
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 17, 2019
- Colorado Rapids Loan Defender Abdul Rwatubyaye to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Philadelphia Union - May 18, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Host FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Suspended Two Games - LA Galaxy
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Preview: Orlando City Returns Home to Host FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Dynamo Host Rooney and East-Leading D.C. United on Saturday - Houston Dynamo FC
- Impact Hosts New England Revolution Saturday at Stade Saputo - Club de Foot Montreal
- Dynamo & Dash to Celebrate Inclusivity & Unity with Soccer for All Month in June - Houston Dynamo FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting Signs Wilson Harris to Short-Term Agreement - Sporting Kansas City
- Jordyn Huitema Signs Professional Contract with French Club Paris Saint-Germain - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Montreal Impact - New England Revolution
- Preview: Sporting Begins Homestand Saturday vs. Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Toronto FC on Saturday Afternoon in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- David Accam to Provide Experience to New Nashville SC Side in MLS - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Columbus Crew Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Launch Local #SoccerForAll Campaign - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Falls to Los Angeles FC 2-0 - FC Dallas
- LAFC Earns Third Straight Shutout, Defeats FC Dallas 2-0 - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Kicks off 2022 Preseason
- Real Salt Lake Re-Signs Homegrown Defender Tate Schmitt
- Real Salt Lake Academy Adds Jon Spencer as Director of Talent Identification
- Real Salt Lake Sees Three Academy Products Named to United States U17 Men's National Team
- Real Salt Lake Inks Axel Kei to Homegrown Contract to Make Hime the Youngest Player in Major League Soccer's History