The First Rule About this Homestand Is You Don'T Talk About this Homestand
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Charleston RiverDogs are back in town starting on Wednesday as they prepare to welcome their fans for a brief but memorable three nights at The Joe. Opening the gates for their third homestand of the 2019 season, the RiverDogs will entertain the Columbia Fireflies from Wednesday-Friday at Riley Park.
Wednesday, May 8, 7:05 p.m.: Nurses Night/Wild Card Wednesday: The RiverDogs welcome in nurses from around the community for a night out at The Joe. As part of a Wild Card Wednesday presented by 101.7 Chuck FM, seniors (65 and older) can eat free by receiving a food voucher with a ticket purchase at the gate and run the bases postgame.
Thursday, May 9, 7:05 p.m.: The First Rule About This Promotion Is that You Don't Talk About This Promotion/Thirsty Thursday: Rules are rules but as part of the 20th anniversary celebration, the first 1,000 fans will receive a baseball glove scented bar of soap. Enjoy a photo opportunity with Tyler Durden as you sip on dollar brews and reject the basic assumptions of civilization on a Budweiser Thirsty Thursday, featuring DJ Natty Heavy in the Ashley View Pub. Fans can follow DJ Natty Heavy and 95SX on social media to win VIP wristbands to Club Budweiser and cut the beer lines.
Friday, May 10, 7:05 p.m.: Tech Night/Friday Fireworks: Join the RiverDogs in a joint venture with the Harbor Entrepreneur Center as the club celebrates and connects the Lowcountry's burgeoning tech community. Stick around after the game for the third postgame fireworks show of the season presented by Home Telecom on a Boeing Red Shirt Friday. Also, in conjunction with 103.5 WEZL and Live 5 News, fans wearing red will receive $1 off regular ticket pricing at the box office with the option to donate that dollar back to support Wounded Nature. During an inning break, a deployed military serviceman, servicewoman - - or veteran unable to attend the game - will be called and thanked by all in attendance for their service.
Fans can "Make Fun" with the RiverDogs all season long down at The Joe. Single-game tickets, including options to the Riley Park Club, are now available at riverdogs.com/tickets or by contacting the RiverDogs front office at 843-577-3647 (DOGS). A full schedule and list of game times for the 2019 season is available at riverdogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 6, 2019
- RiverDogs Dismantle Drive Behind Season-High 12 Runs - Charleston RiverDogs
- Hagerstown Wins Series with 7-6 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- Big Innings Send Charleston Past Greenville Monday - Greenville Drive
- Suns Overcome Sloppy Fielding to Take Finale - Hagerstown Suns
- Molina Impresses in Debut, Columbia's Furious Rally Flames out in Ninth - Columbia Fireflies
- Three HRs Carry BlueClaws to Double-Header Split on Monday - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: May 6 vs. Lexington (Game 30) - Columbia Fireflies
- Peralta, Grenier Guide 'Birds to Perfect Trip - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Promo Preview: Jersey Giveaway, Crawmoms and More - Hickory Crawdads
- Lavigne Goes Deep But Tourists Still Can't Solve Shorebirds - Asheville Tourists
- Hagerstown Suns Homestand Preview May 8-10 - Hagerstown Suns
- Pena Homers as Power Gets Swept in Greensboro - West Virginia Power
- King of the Cage Fight Card Released - Augusta GreenJackets
- The First Rule About this Homestand Is You Don'T Talk About this Homestand - Charleston RiverDogs
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (May 6) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.