T-Bones Smoke the Hogs 4-0
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - A big four-run seventh inning Sunday locked in a W for the Kansas City T-Bones (39-21) as they defeated the Texas AirHogs (17-43) in the fina,l game of the three-game series, winning 4-0.
T-Bones starting RHP Hunter Adkins went seven innings giving up only three hits, with relief coming from Joe Filomeno and Cody Winiarski in the eighth and ninth respectively. Adkins is credited with the win.
The AirHogs starting RHP Gan Quan went six innings and allowed seven hits before relief from Ran Song came in. Song is credited with the loss.
The game looked promising for the T-Bones in the fifth when a stolen base by Mason Davis had him ready on third and a single by Dylan Tice put him on first and Dexter Kjerstad on second. Staring down loaded bases Todd Cunningham was unable to bring anyone home with a putout to center.
However, Cunningham got a chance to redeem himself late in the seventh. After Cunningham doubled, Noah Perio Jr. hit an RBI single to center giving Cunningham enough time to round third and score for the first run of the game.
A single by Taylor Featherston then scored Colin Walsh and another single by Adrian Nieto scored Featherston, closing out the inning 4-0.
The AirHogs could not answer the T-Bones late assault and were unable to get any runs in the final innings. The AirHogs fall to 17-43, a South Division worst on the season, making them 26.5 games behind first place.
The T-Bones clinched the series 2-1 with the win and hope to keep that luck going as they return Tuesday night for a 7:05 p.m. against the Lincoln Saltdogs.
Season, group, mini-plans and nightly party suites are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting the Box Office at T-Bones Stadium. Call the Box Office at 913-328-5618 or purchase and print at www.tbonesbaseball.com. Box office hours are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturday. For additional information or interview requests, members of the media may contact the T-Bones Media Relations Department at (817) 739-3693. Stay tuned to tbonesbaseball.com and the T-Bones Facebook and Twitter pages for updates throughout the season.
Images from this story
Todd Cunningham of the Kansas City T-Bones
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Six Run Fourth Pushes Dogs to Series Victory - Chicago Dogs
- Bergin Goes Yard Again, But Birds Lose Finale to Dogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Andy De Jesus' Walk-Off Sac Fly Lifts 'Cats to Series Sweep - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Finish Roadtrip on Dismal Note, Swept by RailCats in 6-5, 11 Inning Loss - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Smoke the Hogs 4-0 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Rally to Take Series Finale 3-2 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lambson Pitches Complete Game Victory, Goldeyes Homer Three Times in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Can't Stop Winnipeg Bats in Series Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Can't Overcome Four-Run Seventh, Fall in KC - Texas AirHogs
- Harman Stifles Railroaders in Finale - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Blanked in Wichita - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Strand Season-High 15 in 8-5 Loss - Chicago Dogs
- Deja Vu: X's Beat Saltdogs 6-5 for Second Straight Night - Sioux City Explorers
- 8th Inning Home Run Hands Saltdogs Second Straight One-Run Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City T-Bones Stories
- T-Bones Sweep Hump Night Double Dip
- Rain, Rain Go Away
- Second Rain out Early
- T-Bones Split Double-Header against Fargo-Moorhead
- T-Bones and RedHawks Washed Away