AirHogs Can't Overcome Four-Run Seventh, Fall in KC
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Texas AirHogs and Kansas City T-Bones closed the series with another close game Sunday at T-Bones Stadium. The home side scored four times in the seventh to break a 0-0 tie and ultimately take the rubber match 4-0.
Gan Quan was excellent as the starter for the AirHogs, scattering seven hits and stranding nine baserunners over the course of six innings. He lowered his ERA to 3.57, the lowest number among all Texas starters, but he remains winless on the 2018 campaign.
Hunter Adkins got the ball for Kansas City and went seven frames, holding the AirHogs to just three hits. Just one Texas baserunner reached second base in the contest. The T-Bones outhit the AirHogs 12-3.
Adkins would pick up the win to move to 5-2 on the season with the help of four-run attack by his bats in the bottom of the seventh. The T-Bones reached eight straight vs. relief man Ran Song (1-1) to take the lead. Noah Perio, Jr., Taylor Featherston, and Adrian Nieto all picked up RBIs in the moving inning.
Carlos Contreras fired 1.1 innings of hitless, scoreless ball to close the afternoon for the AirHogs. Joe Filomeno and Cody Winiarski posted back-to-back scoreless frames to finish for the T-Bones (39-21).
Texas (17-43) will enjoy a day off tomorrow and get back to work Tuesday in Winnipeg. First pitch vs. the Goldeyes (26-36) is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Starters for both teams are TBA. A live broadcast of the game will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs.
The Texas AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles will return home July 31 to take on Gary SouthShore. Tickets for all home games are available. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @TXAirHogs. Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Six Run Fourth Pushes Dogs to Series Victory - Chicago Dogs
- Bergin Goes Yard Again, But Birds Lose Finale to Dogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Andy De Jesus' Walk-Off Sac Fly Lifts 'Cats to Series Sweep - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Finish Roadtrip on Dismal Note, Swept by RailCats in 6-5, 11 Inning Loss - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Smoke the Hogs 4-0 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Rally to Take Series Finale 3-2 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lambson Pitches Complete Game Victory, Goldeyes Homer Three Times in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Can't Stop Winnipeg Bats in Series Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Can't Overcome Four-Run Seventh, Fall in KC - Texas AirHogs
- Harman Stifles Railroaders in Finale - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Blanked in Wichita - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Strand Season-High 15 in 8-5 Loss - Chicago Dogs
- Deja Vu: X's Beat Saltdogs 6-5 for Second Straight Night - Sioux City Explorers
- 8th Inning Home Run Hands Saltdogs Second Straight One-Run Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.