RedHawks Can't Stop Winnipeg Bats in Series Finale
FARGO, ND - After six-straight victories against Winnipeg, the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks succumbed to an offensive onslaught Sunday afternoon in a 10-2 loss to the Goldeyes. The loss brings the season series between the clubs to 6-1 in favor of the RedHawks.
The RedHawks got off to a tough start as starter Trey McNutt gave up two runs in the first two innings, McNutt lasted only four innings tonight, surrendering four runs on five hits while striking out two and walking four. The right-hander didn't have his typical command and Winnipeg jumped all over him.
The Goldeyes offensive onslaught didn't stop when McNutt left the game either. Winnipeg tallied six combined runs against Benji Waite and Reese Gregory to stretch out their lead. The Goldeyes crushed 15 hits to snap a four-game losing streak.
The two lone RedHawks runs came in the sixth inning. Brennan Metzger's RBI double scored Quinn Irey from first before Metzger came around to score on a sacrifice fly from Tim Colwell.
All the remaining RedHawks chances in the final three innings fizzled out as Lambson shut the door on the Fargo-Moorhead batters. Tim Colwell was the only RedHawk to finish the game with multiple hits.
The RedHawks will play Winnipeg six more times this season. All six games will be played at Shaw Park.
Fargo-Moorhead falls to 32-27 on the year and will travel to Chicago for a three-game series against the Dogs starting tomorrow night. The RedHawks are 0-3 against Chicago this year. First pitch for tomorrow night's game is scheduled for 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Six Run Fourth Pushes Dogs to Series Victory - Chicago Dogs
- Bergin Goes Yard Again, But Birds Lose Finale to Dogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Andy De Jesus' Walk-Off Sac Fly Lifts 'Cats to Series Sweep - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Finish Roadtrip on Dismal Note, Swept by RailCats in 6-5, 11 Inning Loss - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Smoke the Hogs 4-0 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Rally to Take Series Finale 3-2 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lambson Pitches Complete Game Victory, Goldeyes Homer Three Times in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Can't Stop Winnipeg Bats in Series Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Can't Overcome Four-Run Seventh, Fall in KC - Texas AirHogs
- Harman Stifles Railroaders in Finale - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Blanked in Wichita - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Strand Season-High 15 in 8-5 Loss - Chicago Dogs
- Deja Vu: X's Beat Saltdogs 6-5 for Second Straight Night - Sioux City Explorers
- 8th Inning Home Run Hands Saltdogs Second Straight One-Run Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.