Railroaders Blanked in Wichita
WICHITA, Kansas - Michael Gunn gave up just two runs over eight innings, but Cleburne managed just two baserunners in a 2-0 loss to the Wichita Wingnuts in the club's last-ever game at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Gunn gave up a run in the 2nd and 7th innings, but Casey Harman tossed eight scoreless innings, allowing just a pair of singles with no walks and seven strikeouts before Daniel Tillman went 1-2-3 for his 16th save in the 9th inning.
Gunn's complete game was Cleburne's third of 2018 - all of which have come at Lawrence-Dumont stadium. In those three games, the Railroaders are 0-3 and have not scored a run.
Tony Thomas scored both Wichita runs - scoring on Logan Trowbridge's RBI single in the 2nd before clubbing his league-best 17th homer with one out in the 7th inning.
Trevor Sealey went 1-for-4 with a strikeout and K.C. Huth collected the other Cleburne hit in the 6th inning.
Gunn only allowed two hits - the Trowbridge single and the Thomas homer. He threw only 83 pitches over his eight innings of work.
Cleburne lost the four-game set after winning the opener on Thursday night. The Railroaders are now 3-9 in 12 games against the Wingnuts and lost six of eight at Lawrence-Dumont in 2018.
Casey Harman's eight scoreless innings on Sunday give him 14 scoreless frames against the Railroaders in 2018.
The Railroaders continue the eight-game roadtrip with a four-game set at Sioux City beginning on Monday. First pitch time from Mercy Field is set for 7:05 p.m. and RHP Jared Mortensen will make his first start on the roadtrip.
Cleburne returns home on July 27th with a doubleheader against the Gary SouthShore RailCats. Tickets and all promo info are available at www.railroaderbaseball.com or by calling (817) 945-8705.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Six Run Fourth Pushes Dogs to Series Victory - Chicago Dogs
- Bergin Goes Yard Again, But Birds Lose Finale to Dogs - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Andy De Jesus' Walk-Off Sac Fly Lifts 'Cats to Series Sweep - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Finish Roadtrip on Dismal Note, Swept by RailCats in 6-5, 11 Inning Loss - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Smoke the Hogs 4-0 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs Rally to Take Series Finale 3-2 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lambson Pitches Complete Game Victory, Goldeyes Homer Three Times in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Can't Stop Winnipeg Bats in Series Finale - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Can't Overcome Four-Run Seventh, Fall in KC - Texas AirHogs
- Harman Stifles Railroaders in Finale - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Blanked in Wichita - Cleburne Railroaders
- Dogs Strand Season-High 15 in 8-5 Loss - Chicago Dogs
- Deja Vu: X's Beat Saltdogs 6-5 for Second Straight Night - Sioux City Explorers
- 8th Inning Home Run Hands Saltdogs Second Straight One-Run Loss - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.