AirHogs Drop Series Finale to Railroaders 10-4
The AirHogs jumped out to a big lead but in the end could not hold on as they fall 10-4 to the Cleburne Railroaders in the series finale.
The AirHogs used 4 straight singles and then a 1 out single to take a 3-0 first inning lead. Na Chuang had an RBI single and Yang Jin drove in 2.
Unfortunately Zech Lemond was unable to hold the lead. He allowed a first inning homer to Angel Reyes cutting the lead 3-2. He then allowed 2 more runs in the 4th inning, allowing the Railroaders to take the lead 4-3.
The AirHogs would get a one out single from Justin Byrd in the 5th inning. He stole second and then scored on an Erik Manoah single. Manoah finished the game with 2 hits before exiting for a pinch runner.
Unfortunately the game would not remain tied for long. Lemond came back out for the 6th inning and allowed a one out walk before being pulled. Trevor Simms came in and could not keep the run from scoring, allowing Cleburne to regain a lead they would not give up again.
The Railroaders added 2 runs in the 7th on a Ryan Brett homer as well as 3 more in the 8th inning.
The AirHogs welcome the Kansas City T-bones to town Tuesday night for a 3 game series. The will be the final home series of 2019 for the AirHogs. The Hogs will send Erik Manoah to the mound to face off against Tommy Collier for the T-bones.
Individual tickets for the 2019 season are on sale now. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information.
All AirHogs games are available on Mixlr.com/txairhogs and home game video streams are available at Americanassociationbaseball.tv.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 27, 2019
- Dogs Offense Explodes to Defeat Saints - Chicago Dogs
- AirHogs Drop Series Opener to T-bones 6-1 - Texas AirHogs
- Zombies Invade Shaw Park Yet Again - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Clinch Playoff Berth; Goldeyes Take Series - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- AirHogs Drop Series Finale to Railroaders 10-4 - Texas AirHogs
- Milwaukee Sneaks by Birds in Series Finale - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Hilton Goes Distance in Win over RedHawks - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Two Four-Run Rallies Give X's Series Win - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.