Steve McParland Returns to Steelheads from AHL Loan
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Steelheads forward Steve McParland has returned to the roster ahead of today's game following his release by the San Diego Gulls (AHL) from his professional try-out (PTO) contract, Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations announced Sunday.
McParland, 27, was loaned to AHL San Diego on December 26 and played four games, scoring his first AHL goal in his Gulls debut on December 27 against Bakersfield. The Schreiber, Ont., native now owns two points (goal, assist) through 11 career AHL games after his second call-up this season. The 5-foot-11, 192-pound forward returns to the Steelheads with 10 goals and 13 assists for 23 points through 28 games in the 2018-19 season, ranking third on the team in goals and fourth in scoring. In 96 career games with the Steelheads, McParland owns 41 goals and 39 assists for 80 points.
The Steelheads close their two-game weekend and five-game road trip this afternoon against the Tulsa Oilers from BOK Center.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena on Wednesday, Jan. 9 at 7:10 p.m. against the Toledo Walleye. Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 6, 2019
- Three-Goal Third Period Falls Short in Manchester - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Beat Steelheads to Split Weekend Series - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Finish Road Trip with 3-1 Loss to Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits' Surge Not Enough - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wallin Returned on Loan from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Monarchs Score Sunday Touchdown on Admirals in 7-5 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Worcester Railers Win First Game of 2019 After 3-2 Road Victory in Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Olson, Millen Lead Solar Bears to 4-1 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Defiel's 46 Saves Not Enough in 4-1 Loss to Orlando - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steve McParland Returns to Steelheads from AHL Loan - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 6 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adam Turner on the OT Thriller vs Wichita - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win OT Thriller 4-3 - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Falls to Utah in OT, 4-3 - Wichita Thunder
- Admirals Earn a Point in 5-4 Overtime Loss to Thunder - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Sell out Home Opener, Start with 2-1 OT Win over Thunder
- Defenseman Ondrej Vala Recalled to Texas Stars
- Steelheads Host Home Opening Weekend this Friday & Saturday
- Tomas Sholl Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener