Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. South Carolina Stingrays
VENUE: ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Sunday, Jan. 6 at 1:30 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr
UCF vs. USF Game - The Solar Bears continue Florida Hockey Weekend, presented by Auto Justice Attorney Michael T. Gibson, P.A. as the team hosts a college hockey game between the UCF Knights and USF Bulls following the ECHL game against the Stingrays. Fans who purchase a ticket to the Solar Bears game also gain entry to the UCF vs. USF game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets to today's game.
FAIRWINDS Solar Bears Sunday - The first 100 FAIRWINDS members who show their FAIRWINDS debit/credit card and photo ID at the box office will receive a free pair of tickets to the game. Once the 100 pairs are claimed, FAIRWINDS members can still take advantage of a buy-on-get-one offer for the game. Visit fairwinds.org/solarbears for more information.
TODAY: The Orlando Solar Bears (16-14-3-0) take on the South Carolina Stingrays (20-13-1-0) for the second time this weekend and the seventh overall meeting in the 11-game head-to-head series.
FOGET CARRIES POINT STREAK INTO SUNDAY: After picking up an assist on Cody Donaghey's goal on Saturday, Mathieu Foget now has a three-game point streak (1g-2a) entering today's game. The forward also has 14 points (5g-9a) in his last 15 games dating back to Dec. 1.
DONAGHEY LEADING IN GOALS SINCE DEC. 1: Cody Donaghey leads the Solar Bears in goals since Dec. 1, as the blueliner has tallied seven goals over his last 15 games. With 21 points (8g-13a) through 33 games for the season, the second-year pro has already eclipsed his rookie point total of 16 (9g-7a), and is one goal shy of matching his previous season-high for goals.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears hit the road for a season-high nine-game road trip, beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 9 when they face the Norfolk Admirals at 7 p.m. at the Norfolk Scope. The Solar Bears return home to host the Jacksonville Icemen on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. for a Wine Down Wednesday. Fans can take advantage of $5 wine specials during the game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for the game.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 6, 2019
- Three-Goal Third Period Falls Short in Manchester - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Beat Steelheads to Split Weekend Series - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Finish Road Trip with 3-1 Loss to Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits' Surge Not Enough - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Wallin Returned on Loan from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Monarchs Score Sunday Touchdown on Admirals in 7-5 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Worcester Railers Win First Game of 2019 After 3-2 Road Victory in Greenville - Worcester Railers HC
- Olson, Millen Lead Solar Bears to 4-1 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Defiel's 46 Saves Not Enough in 4-1 Loss to Orlando - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steve McParland Returns to Steelheads from AHL Loan - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 6 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Adam Turner on the OT Thriller vs Wichita - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win OT Thriller 4-3 - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Falls to Utah in OT, 4-3 - Wichita Thunder
- Admirals Earn a Point in 5-4 Overtime Loss to Thunder - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.