Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Steelheads Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced today the Season-Opening Roster for the 2019-20 season.
Forwards (13): Zack Andrusiak, Joe Basaraba, Max Coatta, Freddy Gerard, Matt Lippa, Will Merchant, Mitch Moroz, Spencer Naas, Anthony Nellis, Marc-Olivier Roy, Kyle Schempp, Brett Supinski, A.J. White
Defensemen (8): Nolan Gluchowski, Tanner Jago, Keegan Kanzig, Jeff King, Brady Norrish, Colton Saucerman, Eric Sweetman, Ondrej Vala
Goaltenders (3): Austin Lotz, Colton Point, Tomas Sholl
The Steelheads roster has a combined 2,282 games of regular season professional experience entering the 2019-20 season with 1,766 games in the ECHL. Basaraba leads the team both in games played (318) and points (87-115-202) heading into the season. 14 players return to the Steelheads from the 2018-19 roster, and seven more players have rookie eligibility to begin the season. Additionally, seven of the eight defenseman and two of the three goaltenders all played with the Steelheads last season.
Three players-Jago, Nellis and Sholl-are with the Steelheads on a AHL contract with the Texas Stars, and two players-Point and Vala-are with the Steelheads on a NHL contract with the Dallas Stars. Forward Conner Bleackley is on loan to AHL Texas but is signed to an ECHL contract in Idaho. Forwards Matt Lippa and Mitch Moroz begin the season on the Injured Reserve (IR).
The Steelheads open the 2019-20 regular season against the Utah Grizzlies on Friday, Oct. 11 at 7:10 p.m. from Maverik Center. Coverage begins at 6:50 p.m. on 1350AM KTIK "The Ticket".
The Steelheads open the 2019-20 home schedule at CenturyLink Arena on Friday, Oct. 18 against the Wichita Thunder to kick of Home Opening Weekend. Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for this season, including single-game, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2019
- Solar Bears Sign Defenseman Michael Brodzinski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears to Televise Home Opener Saturday on WKMG-TV News 6 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Introduce KKLS as New Broadcast Home of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Release 2019-2020 Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Growlers to Celebrate Opening Night with Two Kelly Cups - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce Season-Opening Roster for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Release Season Opening Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Add 3 to Active Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Announce Season-Opening Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- The Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Announce Season-Opening Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Announce Opening Night Roster - Newfoundland Growlers
- K-Wings Announce Season-Opening Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce Opening Night Roster - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Indy Fuel Announce Season Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Announce Opening Night Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.