Solar Bears to Televise Home Opener Saturday on WKMG-TV News 6
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the team has reached an agreement with Graham Media Group to air two Solar Bears home games on WKMG-TV News 6 during the 2019-20 season:
Saturday, Oct. 12 vs. South Carolina Stingrays - 7 p.m.
ï»¿Saturday, Feb. 15 vs. Norfolk Admirals - 7 p.m.
The Oct. 12 broadcast marks the first time in eight seasons of ECHL hockey that the Solar Bears will televise their home opener.
"Hockey is back and News 6 is excited to televise the puck drop for the Orlando Solar Bears' home opener on October 12," said Jeff Hoffman, VP/General Manager of WKMG-TV News 6. "We're proud to partner with such a community-centric organization as they reinforce our commitment to Getting Results."
Play-by-play duties will be handled by Solar Bears director of communications and broadcasting Jesse Liebman, now in his fifth season with the organization. Joining Liebman in the booth for the home opener to provide color commentary is Matt Sammon, a veteran of 24 years in the broadcasting industry, including 18 years with the Tampa Bay Lightning, most recently as the team's director of broadcasting and programming. Jamia Erban, the team's in-arena host, will provide interviews and rink-side reports during the game.
"We're once again excited about the opportunity to provide a world-class broadcast experience for hockey fans throughout Central Florida thanks to our partnership with WKMG-TV News 6," Solar Bears president Chris Heller said. "Having our Opening Night game air on News 6 allows everyone with a television set in the region to enjoy the full experience of Orlando Solar Bears hockey."
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2019
- Solar Bears Sign Defenseman Michael Brodzinski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears to Televise Home Opener Saturday on WKMG-TV News 6 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Introduce KKLS as New Broadcast Home of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Release 2019-2020 Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Growlers to Celebrate Opening Night with Two Kelly Cups - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce Season-Opening Roster for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Release Season Opening Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Add 3 to Active Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Announce Season-Opening Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- The Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Announce Season-Opening Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Announce Opening Night Roster - Newfoundland Growlers
- K-Wings Announce Season-Opening Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce Opening Night Roster - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Indy Fuel Announce Season Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Announce Opening Night Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.