Growlers to Celebrate Opening Night with Two Kelly Cups
St. John's, NL - The Newfoundland Growlers, ECHL affiliate of the Toronto Marlies and Toronto Maple Leafs, announced today that the club will celebrate opening night with a Championship Banner Raising celebration that will feature two Kelly Cups.
The Kelly Cup was remade and remastered during the 2018-2019 Campaign. This version of the cup was hoisted proudly by the Newfoundland Growlers on home ice at Mile One Centre on June 4th, 2019.
The 2017-2018 version of the Kelly Cup that was claimed by the Colorado Eagles during 2018 postseason, now an American Hockey League Club, was delivered back to the ECHL and the Growlers over the summer by the Eagles ownership group.
"We're excited to put this behind us and we couldn't think of a better ending than to have this classy organization be the new caretaker of the Kelly Cup." Said Eagles Owner, Martin Lind. "It was delivered in perfect condition directly to the Newfoundland Growlers to honour their well-deserved championship."
"It's going to be an exciting weekend as we usher in a new season of Growlers Hockey while celebrating the tremendous feat that was accomplished last year." Said Dean MacDonald, Owner of the Newfoundland Growlers. "We thank the Eagles Ownership group for providing us with another Kelly Cup to help in elevating that celebration."
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2019
- Solar Bears Sign Defenseman Michael Brodzinski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears to Televise Home Opener Saturday on WKMG-TV News 6 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Introduce KKLS as New Broadcast Home of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Release 2019-2020 Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Growlers to Celebrate Opening Night with Two Kelly Cups - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce Season-Opening Roster for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Release Season Opening Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Add 3 to Active Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Announce Season-Opening Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- The Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Announce Season-Opening Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Announce Opening Night Roster - Newfoundland Growlers
- K-Wings Announce Season-Opening Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce Opening Night Roster - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Indy Fuel Announce Season Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Announce Opening Night Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Newfoundland Growlers Stories
- Growlers Earn Sixteenth Straight Win at Mile One Centre
- Growlers Earn Fifteenth Straight Win at Mile One Centre
- Growlers Pregame Notes: January 14 vs. Kansas City Mavericks
- Growlers Shutout the Mariners, Earn Ninth Straight Victory
- Growlers Halt the Railers 5-3, Earn 8th Straight Victory