The Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster
WORCESTER, MA-Â The Worcester Railers Hockey Club Â (@RailersHC), proudÂ ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of theÂ New York Islanders Â (@NYIslanders), andÂ Railers HC General Manager and Head Coach Jamie Russell Â (@JamieRussell18) officially announced today theÂ 2019-20 Worcester Railers HC opening night roster.
The 2019-20 Worcester Railers HC roster includes 22 players with 13 forwards, seven defensemen, and two goalies. The Worcester Railers HC will kick off the 2019-20 season on Saturday, October 12th vs. the Adirondack Thunder at the DCU Center. Puck drop is at 7:05pm. Click HERE to get your tickets.Â
Forwards (13) Â Cody Payne, Ross Olsson, Henrik Samuelsson, J.D. Dudek, Bo Brauer, Matt Schmalz, Barry Almeida, Tanner Pond, Kyle Thomas, Ryan Hitchcock, Jordan Samuels-Thomas, Nic Pierog, and Drew Callin.Â
Defensemen (7) Â Justin Murray, Kyle McKenzie, Mike Cornell, Ivan Chukarov, Anthony Florentino, Chris Rygus, and Connor Doherty.
Goaltenders (2) Â Evan Buitenhuis and Jakub Skarek
Player Assistant Coach Barry Almeida
Veteran forward and the Railers all-time leader in games played (140), goals (44), assists (69), and points (113),Â Barry Almeida, has added a new accolade to his resume as he will serve as a Player Assistant Coach joining GM/HC Jamie Russell and AC Derek Army.Â
Seven Former NHL Draft Picks on RosterÂ
The Railers have seven players on the opening night roster that have been drafted in the NHL highlighted byÂ Henrik Samuelsson who was taken in the 1st round, 27th overall, in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Arizona Coyotes. Samuelsson will be the first Railers to have played in the NHL as he played three games with the Coyotes during the 2014-15 season. GoaltenderÂ Jakub Skarek was selected in the 3rd round, #72 overall, in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft by the New York Islanders and is on the second year of his three-year entry level contract with the Railers.Â Â
What's on tap? - Railers open regular season on home ice!
On Saturday, October 12 theÂ Worcester Railers HC Â host theÂ Adirondack Thunder Â at 7:05pm onÂ OPENING NIGHT Â presented by theÂ Worcester Telegram and Gazette! Â The first 5,000 fans will receive aÂ Railers magnet schedule courtesy of Davis Advertising .Â One of the most popular entertainment acts in all of professional sports will perform throughout the game..... THE ZOOPERSTARS !Â Doors will open early at 5:30pm at the DCU Center and fans are encouraged to be seated by 6:50pm for the opening night pregame show.Â Tickets start as low as $15 by calling 508-365-1750!
Listen to all Railers games live onÂ 98.9 Nash ICON Â with coverage beginning 30 minutes before puck drop withÂ Eric LindquistÂ andÂ Cam McGuire .Â Watch all games online for a small fee atÂ www.ECHLTV.com.Â Full season memberships, mini plans, and group tickets are on sale now by calling the Railers front office at 508-365-1750 or by visitingÂ www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2019
- Solar Bears Sign Defenseman Michael Brodzinski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears to Televise Home Opener Saturday on WKMG-TV News 6 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Introduce KKLS as New Broadcast Home of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Release 2019-2020 Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Growlers to Celebrate Opening Night with Two Kelly Cups - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce Season-Opening Roster for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Release Season Opening Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Add 3 to Active Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Announce Season-Opening Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- The Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Announce Season-Opening Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Announce Opening Night Roster - Newfoundland Growlers
- K-Wings Announce Season-Opening Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce Opening Night Roster - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Indy Fuel Announce Season Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Announce Opening Night Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Jekyll and Hyde for the Railers Who Suffer 6-0 Loss to Adirondack
- A Late Score from Ross Olsson Propels Worcester to a 2-1 Victory over Maine
- Railers Suffer 8-1 Loss to Maine in Return from All-Star Break
- Railers Stand(er) Their Ground in 3-2 Overtime Win in Reading
- Railers Skid Hits Three Games in 5-1 Loss in Reading