Cyclones Announce Season-Opening Roster
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones have announced their season-opening roster for the 2019-20 season. This year's initial squad is comprised of 23 players on the active roster, and one on the 14-day Injured Reserve List, and also features 14 forwards, eight defenseman, and two goaltenders. The full season-opening roster can be found below.
2019-20 Cyclones Season-Opening Roster
Forwards (14):Darik Angeli, Pascal Aquin, Shaw Boomhower, John Edwardh, Brendan Harms, Ben Johnson, Cody Milan, Mason Mitchell, Nate Mitton, Jesse Schultz, Brady Vail, Justin Vaive, Cory Ward, John Wiitala
Defensemen (8): Justin Baudry, Tobie Bisson, Andrew DeBrincat, Scott Dornbrock, Kurt Gosselin, Frank Hora, Kyle Rhodes, Devante Stephens
Goaltenders (2): Michael Houser, Sean Romeo
In a separate transaction, the Cyclones have acquired forward John Edwardh from the Florida Everblades, in exchange for Future Considerations. Hailing from Calgary, AB, Edwardh is entering his second full professional campaign, having split the 2018-19 season between the Adirondack Thunder and the Binghamton Devils of the American Hockey League (AHL).
In 64 total games between the two clubs, Edwardh potted 30 goals and dished out 32 assists for 62 points, and was tied for the Thunder team lead in goals with 27 and ranked second on the squad with 59 points (27g, 32a). He enjoyed a season-long 15-game point streak where he amassed 10 goals and 13 assists from January 25-February 24, and ranked second amongst ECHL rookies in goals, and fifth in rookie points.
Edwardh made his pro debut late in 2017-18, playing in two games for Adirondack and one for the Devils, recording an assist in the process. Prior to turning pro, the 24-year-old spent four years at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell, accounting for 87 points (38g, 49a) in 136 career games.
The 2019-20 Cincinnati Cyclones season is upon us! The defending Brabham Cup champion Cyclones open the season with FIRST FACE-OFF on Saturday, October 12, against the Wheeling Nailers, and we invite YOU to join us for the ride! Single game tickets, along with season and group ticket packages for every game this season are on sale now, and you can get more info by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2019
- Solar Bears Sign Defenseman Michael Brodzinski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears to Televise Home Opener Saturday on WKMG-TV News 6 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Introduce KKLS as New Broadcast Home of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Release 2019-2020 Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Growlers to Celebrate Opening Night with Two Kelly Cups - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce Season-Opening Roster for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Release Season Opening Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Add 3 to Active Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Announce Season-Opening Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- The Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Announce Season-Opening Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Announce Opening Night Roster - Newfoundland Growlers
- K-Wings Announce Season-Opening Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce Opening Night Roster - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Indy Fuel Announce Season Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Announce Opening Night Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.