Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades announced on Thursday their season-opening roster in advance of the team's 22nd season in the ECHL, which begins this weekend with two road games against the Norfolk Admirals.
The Everblades will start the season with 11 forwards, seven defensemen and two goaltenders on the active roster. Including players on the Injured Reserve, Florida has nine players who suited up in at least five games for the team last season.
In addition to the returning players, the 'Blades have a host of prospects on the season-opening roster thanks to the new NHL affiliation with the Nashville Predators. There are five players with American Hockey League contracts with the Milwaukee Admirals and two players with NHL contracts with the Predators.
To reach their final roster, the Everblades traded forward John Edwardh to the Cincinnati Cyclones in exchange for future considerations.
Ken Appleby [AHL-MIL]
Cam Johnson [AHL-MIL]
Greg Campbell [R]
Adam Smith [R, AHL-MIL]
Tanner Jeannot [NHL-NSH]
Justin Auger [V]
Zach Magwood [NHL-NSH]
Hunter Garlent [R, AHL-MIL]
Hugo Roy [R, AHL-MIL]
Alex Tonge [R]
Jack Nevins [V]
Jeremy Dehner [V]
[V] = Veteran (Skaters with at least 260 regular season games of professional experience in qualifying leagues as of the start of the 2019-20 season)
[R] = Rookie
[NHL-NSH] = NHL Nashville Predators contract
[AHL-MIL] = AHL Milwaukee Admirals contract
ECHL teams can carry a maximum of 20 players on the active roster, no more than 18 of whom may be skaters, at any one time. For the first 30 days of the regular season, teams can carry a maximum of 21 players on the active roster, no more than 19 of whom may be skaters, at any one time.
Teams are permitted to carry up to two (2) players at a time on the Reserve List, while an unlimited number of players can be placed on the 14-day Injured Reserve.
Florida's season opener is on Friday against Norfolk. Faceoff is set for 7:35 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2019
- Solar Bears Sign Defenseman Michael Brodzinski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears to Televise Home Opener Saturday on WKMG-TV News 6 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Introduce KKLS as New Broadcast Home of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Release 2019-2020 Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Growlers to Celebrate Opening Night with Two Kelly Cups - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce Season-Opening Roster for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Release Season Opening Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Add 3 to Active Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Announce Season-Opening Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- The Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Announce Season-Opening Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Announce Opening Night Roster - Newfoundland Growlers
- K-Wings Announce Season-Opening Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce Opening Night Roster - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Indy Fuel Announce Season Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Announce Opening Night Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Cooley Recalled by Nashville; Everblades Acquire Buitenhuis
- Hildebrand Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month
- Leblanc Named Co-Recipient of the AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month
- Blades Take Five of Six Points in Drama-Filled Week
- Correction: Third Period Charge Not Enough to Lift Blades