Rush Introduce KKLS as New Broadcast Home of Rush
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Rapid City Rush, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes, introduced KKLS 920 AM/104.7 FM as the new "Official Station of Rush Nation" ahead of the team's season-opening showdown against the Allen Americans this Friday.
KKLS will be the official broadcast home of all 72 regular season Rush games, as well as playoffs. Real Rock 100.3 The Fox, which has been the flagship station of Rush hockey since the team's inception, will continue to broadcast "The Rush Report" every Thursday at 4 p.m. MST, hosted by Gunner.
"I'm thrilled that we have this opportunity to expand our radio reach, as well as maintain our outstanding partnership with HomeSlice Media this season," said Mark Binetti, Senior Director of Communications and Broadcaster of the Rush. "With HomeSlice Media providing us the opportunity to broadcast on KKLS, we will now have our Rush games broadcast in three different states! We are pleased to continue our partnership with 100.3 The Fox as well, with Gunner's weekly 'Rush Report'."
Binetti returns for his seventh season as the "Voice of the Rush" and his first on KKLS. Rush Goaltending Coach and team goaltending legend, Danny Battochio, will return as Binetti's broadcast partner for a fourth season in the broadcast booth.
The Rush begin the 2019-20 ECHL season on the road for the first five games of the year, beginning on Friday, October 11th against the Allen Americans. Puck drop for the season-opening showdown is slated for 6:05 p.m. MST. To celebrate, the Rush have partnered with Buffalo Wild Wings to host a watch party for the first game of the season. Come join the Rush staff, Lady Miners, and Nugget and cheer the Rush on as they begin the season! The game will be featured on the main screen with audio, and there will be prize giveaways throughout the night!
Download the Rapid City Rush App on iTunes and GooglePlay to keep up to speed on all Rush news as we approach the 2019-20 ECHL season!
Season Tickets for all 36 home games are on sale now! Call the Rush office at 716-7825 to secure your seats today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 10, 2019
- Solar Bears Sign Defenseman Michael Brodzinski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Solar Bears to Televise Home Opener Saturday on WKMG-TV News 6 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Introduce KKLS as New Broadcast Home of Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Release 2019-2020 Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Growlers to Celebrate Opening Night with Two Kelly Cups - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Announce Season-Opening Roster for 2019-20 - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Release Season Opening Roster - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Add 3 to Active Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Announce Season-Opening Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- The Worcester Railers HC Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Worcester Railers HC
- Walleye Announce Season-Opening Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Growlers Announce Opening Night Roster - Newfoundland Growlers
- K-Wings Announce Season-Opening Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce Opening Night Roster - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Indy Fuel Announce Season Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Announce Opening Night Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.