Stars Return Forward Anthony Nellis to Steelheads
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, announced that forward Anthony Nellis has been returned on loan to the club's ECHL affiliate, the Idaho Steelheads.
Nellis, 25, is in his first full professional season and made his AHL debut with the Stars on Saturday, Jan. 11 against Toronto. The Breakeyville, Quebec native has played 33 ECHL games with the Steelheads this season recording 22 points (11-11=22) with four multi-point games in his first pro season. At the time of his promotion to Texas, Nellis ranked second on the team in goals and fourth in points, after scoring the Steelheads first hat trick in three seasons on New Year's Eve.
Prior to signing with the Stars, the 5-foot-11, 180-pound skater made his pro debut with the Fort Wayne Komets on Mar. 22, 2019. In his first 10 games after a four-year career at Lake Superior State University, Nellis produced eight points (5-3=8). The former Laker was a top-four scorer for the team in all four years, collecting 91 points (40-51') in 148 career NCAA games.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. Partial ticket packages including 24-game and 12-game plans are available for the remainder of the 2019-20 season. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
Images from this story
Texas Stars forward Anthony Nellis
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Admirals Get Third Straight Win over Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Checkers Beat Bears 4-1 in Front of Sold-Out Crowd - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Drop 4-1 Decision in Charlotte - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 14 - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins Hit the Road for Six-Game Road Trip - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Return Forward Anthony Nellis to Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Assign Jeff Taylor to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Announce Two Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Sens Sit in First Place at Mid-Point of Season - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Zach Fucale to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Homestand Continues for Griffins against IceHogs and Senators - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Englund Clears Waivers as He Rejoins Belleville - Belleville Senators
- #BellLetsTalk Night January 25th - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Emil Larmi Reassigned to Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Assign Libor Hajek to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Belleville Tops Moose, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.