Phantoms Power Play
Phantoms In The Community:
The Phantoms welcomed some kids from the Pediatric Cancer Foundation of Lehigh Valley and their families last week for a special locker room tour and a chance to meet and hang out with Phantoms players T.J. Brennan, Kyle Criscuolo, Kurtis Gabriel and Tyler Wotherspoon. The kids got their very own locker set up and were even able to hang out in the player lounge with the guys.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Friday, January 10, 2020 -
LV Phantoms 2, Utica Comets 5
The Phantoms fell in their only trip to Utica this season on Friday night. Connor Bunnaman scored for the third straight game but a Justin Bailey hat trick gave the Comets a 5-2 win.
Saturday, January 11, 2020 -
LV Phantoms 2, Laval Rocket 0
Alex Lyon bounced back on Saturday and was sensational, making 37 saves for his first shutout of the season and sixth of his career, the most of any player in Lehigh Valley history. Kyle Criscuolo and Tyler Wotherspoon found the back of the net to give the Phantoms a 2-0 win in their first home game of 2020.
Sunday, January 12, 2020 -
LV Phantoms 2, Cleveland Monsters 0
The Phantoms secured back-to-back shutouts as J-F Berube made 35 saves to blank his former team on Sunday afternoon. Cal O'Reilly broke the tie with 2:14 left in the game and Maksim Sushko sealed it with an empty netter to give Lehigh Valley a 2-0 win over Cleveland.
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
vs. Syracuse Crunch - PPL Center
The Phantoms will remain at home this week as they face a trio of North Division opponents starting with the Syracuse Crunch on Wednesday. The Crunch currently sit in sixth in the North with a 18-16-2-2 record. Lehigh Valley went 0-1-1 against Syracuse last year.
Friday, January 17, 2020
vs. Binghamton Devils - PPL Center
Lehigh Valley will kick off Racing Weekend on Friday against the Binghamton Devils. The Devils are currently in last place in the North Division and the Phantoms came away with a 4-1 win in the first meeting at PPL Center led by a pair of goals from Andy Andreoff.
Saturday, January 18, 2020
vs. Rochester Americans - PPL Center
The Phantoms conclude their stretch of playing nine games against North Division opponents in a row on Saturday against the Rochester Americans. Rochester enters the weekend in second place in the North Division but Lehigh Valley went 2-0 against the Amerks last season including a thrilling overtime winner by Pascal Laberge to complete his first pro hat trick on March 27, 2019.
3 Stars of the Week:
Alex Lyon and J-F Berube combined for back-to-back shutouts this weekend as they each picked up their first shutout of the season. Goaltender Development Coach, Brady Robinson has helped both Phantoms goalies to currently be ranked in the top 15 in goals against average among all AHL netminders.
After getting off to a slow start and battling injuries in his return to Lehigh Valley, Connor Bunnaman finally got going and tallied points in four straight games including scoring in three consecutive games. His hot stretch helped him earn his second NHL recall by the Flyers and scored his first NHL goal on January 13 against the Boston Bruins.
ECHL Defensemen of the Year
On January 11, the Phantoms called up defenseman Eric Knodel from the Reading Royals. The 6-foot-6 blueliner had 26 points in 28 games for Reading and was the 2018-19 ECHL Defenseman of the Year as a member of the Cincinnati Cyclones.
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2019-20 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2019-20 season are available online at PhantomsHockey.com, by calling 610-224-GOAL  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Admirals Get Third Straight Win over Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Checkers Beat Bears 4-1 in Front of Sold-Out Crowd - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Drop 4-1 Decision in Charlotte - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 14 - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins Hit the Road for Six-Game Road Trip - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Return Forward Anthony Nellis to Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Assign Jeff Taylor to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Announce Two Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Sens Sit in First Place at Mid-Point of Season - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Zach Fucale to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Homestand Continues for Griffins against IceHogs and Senators - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Englund Clears Waivers as He Rejoins Belleville - Belleville Senators
- #BellLetsTalk Night January 25th - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Emil Larmi Reassigned to Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Assign Libor Hajek to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Belleville Tops Moose, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts