Belleville Tops Moose, 5-3
The Manitoba Moose (18-23-0-0) lost a 5-3 decision against the Belleville Senators (23-13-2-1) on Monday night at Bell MTS Place.
Belleville started off the scoring under two minutes into the first period with a goal from Michael Carcone. Just over a minute later, Brent Pedersen fed Kristian Reichel who showed off his hands and scored for Manitoba tying the game 1-1. With 3:40 gone in the frame, Carcone scored his second of the evening on a Moose delayed penalty to give Belleville the 2-1 advantage. At 8:36 of the first, Skyler McKenzie sent a shot on net that found a friendly deflection off a Senators skate and tied the game 2-2. With 3:52 remaining in the first period, Carcone completed the hat trick to give the Senators the 3-2 lead.
Midway through the second period, Parker Kelly scored to give the Senators the two-goal advantage. Throughout the contest, Manitoba was hindered by five Belleville power play opportunities. The Moose penalty kill stood strong and kept the Senators scoreless on the man advantage.
Eric Comrie was dominant for the Moose throughout the contest and made a highlight reel save at 7:43 on Alex Formenton's attempt to keep the Moose alive. With 4:46 remaining in the third period, Ryan White capitalized for the Moose to get the club within one. With 2:53 on the clock, Formenton scored on Manitoba's empty net to stamp the Senators 5-3 victory.
Both clubs scored on their first shot of the game
Brent Pedersen set a new AHL career high with six points (2G, 4A)
Skyler McKenzie tied his AHL career high of eight goals
Ryan White collected his first goal and assist of the campaign What's Next?
The Moose take on the Belleville Senators on Wednesday, Jan. 15. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Admirals Get Third Straight Win over Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Checkers Beat Bears 4-1 in Front of Sold-Out Crowd - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Drop 4-1 Decision in Charlotte - Hershey Bears
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 14 - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: Penguins Hit the Road for Six-Game Road Trip - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Stars Return Forward Anthony Nellis to Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Assign Jeff Taylor to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Announce Two Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Sens Sit in First Place at Mid-Point of Season - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Zach Fucale to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Homestand Continues for Griffins against IceHogs and Senators - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Englund Clears Waivers as He Rejoins Belleville - Belleville Senators
- #BellLetsTalk Night January 25th - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Emil Larmi Reassigned to Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rangers Assign Libor Hajek to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Belleville Tops Moose, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.