South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired point guard Pierre Jackson, it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella.
In 67 career NBA G League games (55 starts), Jackson averaged 24.0 points, 3.8 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 1.8 steals while shooting 45.9 percent from the field and 35.2 percent from three-point range. Jackson appeared in eight games (one start) for the Dallas Mavericks during the 2016-17 season, averaging 4.4 points, 1.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 10.5 minutes per game.
During the 2018-19 season with the Beikong Fly Dragons, Jackson averaged 39.8 points, 6.0 rebounds, 9.3 assists and 2.3 steals in 25 games. The Baylor alumnus most recently played two games for the Shenzhen Leopards, where he averaged 23.0 points, 3.5 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 2.0 steals.
In a related move, Travis Wear has been removed from the active roster due to season-ending injury. The team will retain his NBA G League rights and he will continue his rehab with South Bay.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Clippers Dominate Second Half to Take Down Texas - Texas Legends
- Hustle Set New Franchise Scoring Record in Win over Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Drops Second Game of Road Trip to Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Dominate in Friday Night Home Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Moore's Late-Game Heroics Lift Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Drop First Bout with Raptors 905 - Cleveland Charge
- Nets Stop Red Claws' Streak - Maine Celtics
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wayne Selden Jr. - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host MLK Day Celebration Game - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bruno Caboclo Medical Update - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.