Drive Dominate in Friday Night Home Win
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Grand Rapids Drive (15-11) turned in an impressive home win on Friday night over the visiting Blue Coats by a final score of 123-95. After trailing after the first quarter, the Drive were able to turn up the intensity on the offensive end, leading to eight players finishing in double figures for the home squad. A tough defensive mentality also helped Grand Rapids pull away in the second half as the Drive earned 17 steals compared to just 7 for Delaware.
Pistons two-way player Jordan Bone led the Drive tonight with a team-high 19 points after going 8-11 from the field to go with 6 assists, 3 rebounds & 2 steals. Big man Donta Hall followed up with yet another impressive double-double, earning 18 points, 11 rebounds, 4 steals & 2 blocks. Other Drive players in double figures were the Pistons other two-way player Louis King (14 points & 4 assists), Todd Withers (13 points & 2 blocks), Dakarai Allen (13 points & 3 assists), Tra-Deon Hollins (10 points, 7 assists & 4 rebounds), Adam Woodbury (10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists & 2 blocks) and Tre'Shawn Thurman (10 points, 4 rebounds & 2 blocks).
Guard Michael Bryson was a bright spot for the Blue Coats, earning 17 points, 4 rebounds & 2 assists off the bench. 76ers two-way player Marial Shyok added 15 points & 3 assists. Other Blue Coats in double figures were Zhaire Smith (12 points) and Chris Koumadje (11 points, 4 rebounds & 2 steals).
Grand Rapids proved their ability as one of the top rebounding teams in the league by out-rebounding the Blue Coats 41-34. The Drive's quick hands on defense also forced 26 turnovers for the Blue Coats, generating 44 points overall for the home team. Additionally, the Drive's offense worked seamlessly as the team tallied up 36 assists compared to 18 for the visiting team, while shooting 57% (49-86) from the field compared to 41% (32-78) for the Blue Coats.
The Blue Coats will head to Los Angeles to take on the South Bay Lakers on January 20th. Tip-off is at 1 p.m. local time. The Drive will begin a four-game road trip by first heading to Wisconsin to face off with the Herd on January 22nd. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. local time.
Highlights:Full Game >>> https://bit.ly/2tkDqLr
Box Score >>> https://on.nba.com/364ul6D
Jordan Bone (19pts, 6ast & 2stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2uVsBzC
Donta Hall (18pts, 11reb, 4stl & 2blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2TC1Dr4
Louis King (14pts & 4ast) >>> https://bit.ly/366PI78
Todd Withers (13pts & 2blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2NDeEgc
Dakarai Allen (13pts & 1stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2G1yopD
Tra-Deon Hollins (10pts, 7ast & 4reb) >>> https://bit.ly/363bVmH
Adam Woodbury (10pts, 5reb, 4ast & 2blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2RssNhr
Tre'Shawn Thurman (10pts, 4reb & 2blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2NDusj1
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Clippers Dominate Second Half to Take Down Texas - Texas Legends
- Hustle Set New Franchise Scoring Record in Win over Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Drops Second Game of Road Trip to Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Dominate in Friday Night Home Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Moore's Late-Game Heroics Lift Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Drop First Bout with Raptors 905 - Cleveland Charge
- Nets Stop Red Claws' Streak - Maine Celtics
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wayne Selden Jr. - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host MLK Day Celebration Game - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bruno Caboclo Medical Update - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Grand Rapids Drive Announce Return for 2021-22 NBA G League Season
- Denver Nuggets and Grand Rapids Drive Partner as Single Affiliates Beginning with the 2021-22 Season
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season
- Hall and Hollins Earn All-NBA G League Honors
- Drive, Griffins, Whitecaps and WMSC Unite as "One Team for West Michigan"