Charge Drop First Bout with Raptors 905
CANTON, OH - The Canton Charge (15-9) dropped game one of a two-game set against the Raptors 905 (10-14) by a 123-114 score on Friday night at the Canton Memorial Civic Center.
J.P. Macura led the Charge with a season-high 28 points and seven rebounds in 36 minutes of action. Marques Bolden notched his third double-double in the last four games with 12 points and a season-high 13 boards while also finishing with a season-high five assists. Newly signed Cleveland Cavaliers Two-Way Player Matt Mooney made his Canton debut with 10 points and seven assists in 30 minutes off the bench.
Tyler Ennis scored a game-high 35 points with six rebounds and seven assists in 38 minutes of play for the 905. Oshae Brissett followed with 21 points on a 6-for-8 shooting line in 33 minutes of action. Justin Anderson scored 19 points while Paul Watson added 12 points and five assists. The 905 set a new Charge opponent season-high by hitting 49-of-90 attempts from the field (54.4%).
Macura (15 points, 6-6 FGA) and Ennis (14 points, 6-7 FGA) each provided outstanding first quarter performances to lead their teams out of the gate. The Charge held an advantage by as many as 11 to start and maintained a 38-33 lead after the opening 12 minutes. Raptors 905 came out aggressive and efficient on offense in the second, hitting 13-of-18 attempts (72%) as a team and outscoring the hosts 37-24 to turn the tide and lead 70-62 at the half.
The 905 extended their lead by as many as 20 in the third and led the entire time before Canton began to chip away again, whittling the deficit back down to eight as the quarter ended, 95-87. The Charge would never get within three possessions the rest of the game, as they went 2-of-11 from three-point range in the fourth.
The two teams will square off again here at the Civic Center for Cavs Night presented by D.D. Stutz Catering with a Mark Price bobblehead giveaway (first 1,500 fans) tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m.! There is no better time than now to join Charge Nation! Become a 2020-21 Charge Nation member and attend the rest of this season for FREE! You'll also receive complimentary Cavs and Monsters tickets plus tons more added value! For more info, find us at a game, visit www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in downtown Cleveland.
Images from this story
Canton Charge guard Malik Newman eyes the hoop against Raptors 905
Canton Charge center Marques Bolden vs. Raptors 905
Canton Charge guard J.P. Macura
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Clippers Dominate Second Half to Take Down Texas - Texas Legends
- Hustle Set New Franchise Scoring Record in Win over Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Drops Second Game of Road Trip to Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Dominate in Friday Night Home Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Moore's Late-Game Heroics Lift Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Drop First Bout with Raptors 905 - Canton Charge
- Nets Stop Red Claws' Streak - Maine Red Claws
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wayne Selden Jr. - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host MLK Day Celebration Game - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bruno Caboclo Medical Update - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Cavs, Monsters & Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Charge Launch Virtual 5K to Benefit Akron-Canton Foodbank
- NBA G League and Canton Charge Statements on 2019-20 Season Cancellation
- Canton Charge Statement - March 12, 2020
- Canton Charge to Play Remaining Home Games without Fans in Attendance