Delaware Blue Coats to Host MLK Day Celebration Game
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats, the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, will host the team's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration game on Monday, Jan. 20 at 76ers Fieldhouse. Tip-off with the South Bay Lakers is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, and the game is set to include an MLK Jr. sermon recital featuring Dr. John Moore.
The Blue Coats will also donate a portion of ticket sales to help support MLK VOICE 4 YOUTH, a statewide contest that provides Delaware youth a platform for their voices to be heard. At halftime, MLK VOICE 4 YOUTH winners will have an opportunity to perform and share their winning piece with Blue Coats fans.
Tickets for Monday's game are still available HERE.
Prior to the game, from 9:30 a.m. until noon, 100 students from local Wilmington elementary schools will take part in a special MLK Day Learning Circuit hosted by the City of Wilmington. The learning circuit will feature a STEM Queen session, a Dr. King history lesson and a fitness station hosted by Titus Sports Academy. "STEM Queen," Jacqueline Means, is the founder of the Wilmington Urban STEM Initiative.
The Blue Coats recently celebrated MLK Day with a special focus on Dr. King's life and legacy during their 'Books & Basketball' visit to Kuumba Academy in Wilmington on Thursday. The franchise also hosted an MLK Community Conversation at Thomas McKean High School in Wilmington on Friday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Clippers Dominate Second Half to Take Down Texas - Texas Legends
- Hustle Set New Franchise Scoring Record in Win over Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Drops Second Game of Road Trip to Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Dominate in Friday Night Home Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Moore's Late-Game Heroics Lift Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Drop First Bout with Raptors 905 - Canton Charge
- Nets Stop Red Claws' Streak - Maine Red Claws
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wayne Selden Jr. - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host MLK Day Celebration Game - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bruno Caboclo Medical Update - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick
- WWE Legend Bob Backlund Headlines Blue Coats' Second Annual Pro Wrestling Extravaganza on March 14
- Blue Coats Acquire Dennis Clifford
- Blue Coats Fall to Charge in First Game After Break
- Delaware Blue Coats to Celebrate Beau Biden Foundation Night to Support the Protection of Children