Clippers Dominate Second Half to Take Down Texas
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (13-12) suffered their worst loss of the season to the visiting Agua Caliente Clippers (12-12) 84-125.
The Legends started off cold, missing all 10 from outside in the first, but the quarter stayed close. The two exchanged leads 7 times with Agua Caliente finishing on top 24-21. Texas regained the lead early in the second with five unanswered points from Yudai Baba. The back-and-forth continued three more times before the Clippers took control. An 8-point quarter from Mfiondu Kabengele gave the visitors a double-digit edge going into halftime. Texas pulled within 7 early in the third, but Agua Caliente responded with a 35-10 run to take control.
Texas grabbed a season-high 63 rebounds but shot a season-low 31% and 5% outside while Agua Caliente knocked down 53% and 40% outside grabbing 47 rebounds.
Moses Brown went 9-of-11 to lead the Legends with 19 points, 9 rebounds. Chad Brown and Aric Holman put up 12 points each and combined for 17 rebounds. Yudai Baba and Josh Reaves added 11 apiece to round out the double-digit scorers.
Mfiondu Kabengele led all scorers with 28 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Amir Coffey and Xavier Rathan-Mayes added 17 points each while Terance Mann and Derrick Walton Jr. grabbed 14 apiece. Mann finished with a game-high 15 rebounds while Walton led the game with 9 assists.
Texas hits the road tomorrow to take on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 7:30pm before returning home to host the Salt Lake City Stars Monday at 3pm. For tickets or broadcast information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Clippers Dominate Second Half to Take Down Texas - Texas Legends
- Hustle Set New Franchise Scoring Record in Win over Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Drops Second Game of Road Trip to Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Dominate in Friday Night Home Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Moore's Late-Game Heroics Lift Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Drop First Bout with Raptors 905 - Canton Charge
- Nets Stop Red Claws' Streak - Maine Red Claws
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wayne Selden Jr. - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host MLK Day Celebration Game - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bruno Caboclo Medical Update - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd