Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (8-16), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, defeated the Maine Red Claws (17-7) 111-102 tonight at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Two-way guard Chris Chiozza led the way for the Nets, finishing the contest with 26 points on 10-of-20 shooting from the field and 4-of-10 shooting from 3-point range to go along with 10 rebounds and five assists in 40 minutes of action, recording his first double-double as a Net. Long Island forward Deng Adel, making his first start since Nov. 29, also had a strong performance, finishing with 21 points on 8-of-11 shooting from the field with eight rebounds and two assists in 21 minutes of play.
Boston guard Carsen Edwards, while on assignment with Maine, had a game-high 33 points including 4-of-9 from 3-point range to go with seven rebounds, three assists and three steals in 40 minutes of play. Celtics two-way center Tacko Fall had a strong game off the bench for Maine, finishing the game with 16 points on a perfect 8-of-8 shooting from the field and 14 rebounds in 22 minutes of action, recording a double-double.
Maine controlled play through the opening 6:45 of the first quarter, leading 20-11 over the Nets. The Nets would rally over the remainder of the first, but the Red Claws would take a 28-25 lead into the second.
The two teams played neck and neck throughout the second, as both teams were tied on four separate occasions. Maine, however, would pull ahead late to take a narrow 49-48 lead into the half.
The back-and-forth play carried over into the second half, with the teams tied up at 71-71 with 3:09 remaining in the third. Maine would follow that up with a 12-7 run to close out the third quarter leading 83-78.
Long Island came out hot to start the final quarter, outscoring the Red Claws 19-7 through the mid-way point of the fourth. The Nets would go on to outscore the Red Claws 33-19 in the fourth quarter en route to a 111-102 victory.
The Nets play their next game against the Canton Charge on Monday, Jan. 20, at 3 p.m. ET at NYCB LIVE, while the Red Claws will travel to College Park to take on the Skyhawks next on Sunday, Jan. 19, at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Clippers Dominate Second Half to Take Down Texas - Texas Legends
- Hustle Set New Franchise Scoring Record in Win over Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Drops Second Game of Road Trip to Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Dominate in Friday Night Home Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Moore's Late-Game Heroics Lift Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Drop First Bout with Raptors 905 - Canton Charge
- Nets Stop Red Claws' Streak - Maine Red Claws
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wayne Selden Jr. - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host MLK Day Celebration Game - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bruno Caboclo Medical Update - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Defeat Greensboro Swarm on Franchise-Record Shooting Night
- Long Island Nets to Host Second-Annual 'You Make the Call' Referee Clinic this Monday, February 24
- Long Island Nets Waive Phil Cofer
- Long Island Nets Acquire Phil Cofer
- Theo Pinson Named NBA G League Player of the Week