South Bay Lakers Acquire Wayne Selden Jr.
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired Wayne Selden Jr., it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella.
Selden Jr. appeared in 124 career NBA games (27 starts) for the Pelicans, Grizzlies and Bulls, averaging 7.3 points, 2.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 19.1 minutes per game. The Kansas alumnus scored in double figures in 35 games, including five games with 20+ and a career-high 31 points once.
In 36 career NBA G League games (21 starts), Selden Jr. averaged 18.4 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists and shot 34.5 percent from three-point range. Across three years at Kansas, he averaged 11.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists while shooting 43.6 percent from the field and 36.6 percent from three-point range.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Clippers Dominate Second Half to Take Down Texas - Texas Legends
- Hustle Set New Franchise Scoring Record in Win over Lakers - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Drops Second Game of Road Trip to Memphis - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Dominate in Friday Night Home Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Moore's Late-Game Heroics Lift Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Drop First Bout with Raptors 905 - Canton Charge
- Nets Stop Red Claws' Streak - Maine Red Claws
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Wayne Selden Jr. - South Bay Lakers
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host MLK Day Celebration Game - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Pierre Jackson - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Roger Moute a Bidias - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bruno Caboclo Medical Update - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Edge Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.