Solar Bears Add Goalie Clint Windsor
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the club has agreed to terms with rookie goaltender Clint Windsor on a Standard Player Contract. Additionally, rookie defenseman Oleg Sosunov has been reassigned to the Solar Bears from the Syracuse Crunch by the Tampa Bay Lightning, while defenseman Matthew Spencer has been reassigned to Syracuse by Tampa Bay.
Windsor, 25, began the season with the Herlev Eagles of Denmark's Metal Ligaen, where he appeared in 10 games and sported a 3.42 goals-against average and an .896 save percentage.
Windsor previously played for Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario, where the 6-foot-4, 216-pound netminder appeared in 76 career games, going 35-35-0 with a 3.03 goals-against average, a .920 save percentage and two shutouts. During the 2017-18 campaign, Windsor led all U Sports goalies with a .930 save percentage. He also was named Goaltender of the Year for the Ontario University Athletics conference.
The native of Hamilton, Ontario also played major junior hockey for the Ottawa 67's, Mississauga Steelheads, Saginaw Spirit and Barrie Colts of the Ontario Hockey League. Windsor went 26-49-10 with a 4.24 goals-against average, a .913 save percentage and one shutout in 100 total OHL contests.
Sosunov, 20, returns to the Solar Bears, where he earned four assists and eight penalty minutes in 11 games during a prior stint this season. The 6-foot-9, 236-pound blueliner has one goal and two penalty minutes in five games with the Crunch this season.
The native of Ryazan, Russia was a sixth-round selection (#178 overall) of the Lightning in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.
Spencer, 21, has appeared in 18 games with the Solar Bears over the course of two assignments to Orlando this season, contributing eight points (2g-6a) and 22 penalty minutes. The 6-foot-2, 204-pound defender has also tallied one assist in seven games with Syracuse.
Spencer was a second-round selection, (#44 overall) of the Lightning in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears take on the South Carolina Stingrays on Friday, Jan. 18 at 7:05 p.m. at the North Charleston Coliseum. The Solar Bears return home to host the Jacksonville Icemen on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. for a Wine Down Wednesday. Fans can take advantage of $5 wine specials during the game.
Fighting Four Packs Presented by CenturyLink:
Gear up for the second half of the 2018-19 season with a Fighting Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four remaining home games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, First Watch Cafe, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Feb. 23 game against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, part of Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. Packs start as low as $69.99 - CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The 2018-19 Orlando Solar Bears season is presented by XYMOPrint, Orlando's digital printing experts. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale! Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2019
- IceMen Use Early Start to Hold off Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Weekly: Season's Only Trip West Set for this Weekend - Florida Everblades
- Return of McCarron, Sheppard Highlights String of Roster Moves - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Add Goalie Clint Windsor - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Receive John Nyberg, Gluchowski and Payne to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 15 - ECHL
- Josh Dickinson Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- IceMen Announce Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend - Jacksonville IceMen
- 'Blades Forward Kyle Platzer Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Platzer Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Worcester Railers HC Host Two Promotion Packed Games at the DCU Center this Weekend - Worcester Railers HC
- Tulsa's Williams Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Alex Sakellaropoulos Returned from Loan to Utica - Adirondack Thunder
- Devin Williams Wins CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.