Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Salt Lake City Stars (26-21) handed the Sioux Falls Skyforce (23-23) its ninth-straight loss on Friday evening by a final score of 141-114 at the Sanford Pentagon. The Force's woes continue, now losers of 13 of its last 14 games.
Utah Jazz assignee Grayson Allen (22 points, 5-9 3PA) scored seven of the first 10 points for the Stars to secure early momentum. Salt Lake City eventually went on an 11-4 run to end the quarter.
Miami HEAT two-way player Yante Maten (15 points, seven rebounds) and Miami HEAT assignee Charles Cooke III (10 points, seven rebounds) combined for 11 of the Force's 25 first-quarter points.
The momentum continued into the second quarter for Salt Lake City, as Utah Jazz two-way player Tyler Cavanaugh (20 points, eight assists) led a 15-7 run with two minutes left in the first half to give the Stars a commanding 69-50 lead before the break.
Bubu Palo (season-high 27 points, career-high 16-16 FTs) passed Skyforce Hall of Famer David Bailey (642) for the most made free throws in Sioux Falls franchise history. Palo has now made 652 free throws as a member of the Skyforce.
Utah Jazz two-way player Naz Mitrou-Long (20 points, eight rebounds) orchestrated a 14-9 run halfway through the third quarter that pushed the Salt Lake City lead to 30 points (93-63).
Rodney Purvis (27 points, career-high 12 assists) helped Sioux Falls own the final period by two points. Kyle Washington also added a career-high 14 points on 6-7 shooting in the fourth quarter alone.
The Skyforce look to snap a three-game home losing streak on Sunday at the Sanford Pentagon versus Midwest Division foe Memphis Hustle (26-21). Meanwhile, Salt Lake City takes a five game winning streak on the road at Oklahoma City (30-16) on Sunday afternoon.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Christian Wood Comes up Big in Fourth to Give Herd Win over Magic - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Win Fifth-Straight with Victory at Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Bulls Clinch Spot in 2018-19 NBA G League Playoffs - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Record Crowd Witnesses Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Strong 4th Lifts Red Claws over Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Elie Okobo Recalled from Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Signs Charles Cooke to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs to Host Youth Sports and Fan Appreciation Games - Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Become "Stockton Asparaguys" to Celebrate Country Themed Game - Stockton Kings
- Knicks Visit Conference Leading Rival Nets Saturday - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Swarm, Allegacy Raise $2,450 for Backpack Beginnings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.