Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Salt Lake City Stars (26-21) handed the Sioux Falls Skyforce (23-23) its ninth-straight loss on Friday evening by a final score of 141-114 at the Sanford Pentagon. The Force's woes continue, now losers of 13 of its last 14 games.
Utah Jazz assignee Grayson Allen (22 points, 5-9 3PA) scored seven of the first 10 points for the Stars to secure early momentum. Salt Lake City eventually went on an 11-4 run to end the quarter.
Miami HEAT two-way player Yante Maten (15 points, seven rebounds) and Miami HEAT assignee Charles Cooke III (10 points, seven rebounds) combined for 11 of the Force's 25 first-quarter points.
The momentum continued into the second quarter for Salt Lake City, as Utah Jazz two-way player Tyler Cavanaugh (20 points, eight assists) led a 15-7 run with two minutes left in the first half to give the Stars a commanding 69-50 lead before the break.
Bubu Palo (season-high 27 points, career-high 16-16 FTs) passed Skyforce Hall of Famer David Bailey (642) for the most made free throws in Sioux Falls franchise history. Palo has now made 652 free throws as a member of the Skyforce.
Utah Jazz two-way player Naz Mitrou-Long (20 points, eight rebounds) orchestrated a 14-9 run halfway through the third quarter that pushed the Salt Lake City lead to 30 points (93-63).
Rodney Purvis (27 points, career-high 12 assists) helped Sioux Falls own the final period by two points. Kyle Washington also added a career-high 14 points on 6-7 shooting in the fourth quarter alone.
The Skyforce look to snap a three-game home losing streak on Sunday at the Sanford Pentagon versus Midwest Division foe Memphis Hustle (26-21). Meanwhile, Salt Lake City takes a five game winning streak on the road at Oklahoma City (30-16) on Sunday afternoon.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Christian Wood Comes up Big in Fourth to Give Herd Win over Magic - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Win Fifth-Straight with Victory at Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Bulls Clinch Spot in 2018-19 NBA G League Playoffs - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Record Crowd Witnesses Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Strong 4th Lifts Red Claws over Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Elie Okobo Recalled from Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Signs Charles Cooke to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs to Host Youth Sports and Fan Appreciation Games - Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Become "Stockton Asparaguys" to Celebrate Country Themed Game - Stockton Kings
- Knicks Visit Conference Leading Rival Nets Saturday - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Swarm, Allegacy Raise $2,450 for Backpack Beginnings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce, Sanford Power Basketball Academy to Host Youth Basketball Camp
- Skyforce Announces Five Priority Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Two-Way Players Maten, Robinson Selected to All-NBA G League Teams, All-Rookie Team
- Best in the West: Vipers Lock in First Round Bye with Win over Skyforce
- Blue Soars Past Skyforce