Knicks Visit Conference Leading Rival Nets Saturday
WESTCHESTER KNICKS (28-19) vs. LONG ISLAND NETS (31-15)
Saturday, March 16, 2019 - Long Island, NY (Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum)
7:00 PM (ET)
On March 11, 2019, the Westchester Knicks (28-19), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, were defeated by the Delaware Blue Coats (19-24), 122-107, preventing the season sweep Monday evening at 76ers Fieldhouse. The Knicks visit intrastate rival Long Island Saturday.
* Jameel Warney is the Knicks leading scorer (20.5 ppg)
* Zak Irvin is the Knicks leading rebounder (8.8 rpg).
* Kadeem Allen leads Westchester in assists (6.7 apg).
* Westchester is 3-2 in its last five contests.
* Westchester is 7-3 in its last 10 contests.
* Westchester is 15-9 at home.
* Westchester is 12-10 on the road.
* Westchester is 3-3 in overtime.
* Westchester went 9-3 in November.
* Westchester went 6-4 in December.
* Westchester went 4-8 in January.
* Westchester went 6-3 in February.
* Westchester's longest win streak this season was seven games, which set a franchise record.
* The Knicks longest skid this season was four games.
* The Knicks longest home win streak is six games.
* The Knicks longest home losing skid was three games.
* The Knicks longest road win streak was five games.
* The Knicks longest road losing skid was four games.
INJURY REPORT/BOX SCORE INFO
No Injuries to Report.
LAST TIME OUT
On March 11, 2019, the Westchester Knicks (28-19), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, were defeated by the Delaware Blue Coats (19-24), 122-107, preventing the season sweep Monday evening at 76ers Fieldhouse.
For the majority of the battle, both the Knicks and Blue Coats played a tightly contested game seeing 14 ties and 12 lead swaps. Delaware was able to eke out an 18-point lead in the fourth quarter. They overpowered the Knicks 20-8 in paint points, 9-2 in second chance points and held the visitors to a 30.4-percent clip to escape the game's competitive nature and claim the victory.
Stephen Zimmerman grabbed 20 of the team's 52 total rebounds to tab a new individual high by a Knick this season, the tally was four short of his career-high. He added 12 points to round out his double-double and credited a team-high four assists.
Jameel Warney (25), Billy Garrett (23) and Two-Way Player Kadeem Allen (23) each had 20-point performances. Warney too had a double-double hauling 16 boards in the contest.
For the Sixers' affiliate, Norvel Pelle netted 10 field-goals for 21 points to compliment a game-high 22 rebounds-which marks the most by a Westchester opponent this season. Shake Milton put up 23 points.
With three games remaining on its schedule, Westchester needs to pull out one win to clinch a postseason berth. Tonight's loss interrupts a three-game win streak for the Knicks.
On February 9, 2019, the Westchester Knicks (22-16), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, used career-high performances from Billy Garrett to knock off the visiting Long Island Nets (21-13), 134-130, in double overtime on Saturday evening at Westchester County Center.
The tightly contested battle saw 16 ties and 15 lead changes. While the Knicks only led by as many as five, the Nets went ahead by 22.
Garrett's superlative evening included a 39-point effort to go along with another career-best, 12 assists. The guard was 10-for-12 from the charity stripe as well as four rebounds, three steals without committing a single turnover in over 40 minutes played.
Jameel Warney gave a 24-point performance while shooting 55.6-percent. The big also added 10 boards, four rejections, three steals and two assists.
Zak Irvin finished with 25 points and one-shy of his career-rebounding effort, ending with 14.
Dzanan Musa paced Long Island and six scorers in double-figures with 30 points and 11 rebounds. Musa also drained six triples on 50-percent shooting. Alan Williams had 16 rebounds.
The Westchester Knicks (28-19) clinched a postseason berth to the 2019 NBA G League Playoffs. Seeding has not yet been determined.
Westchester Knicks History Regular Season Finish
Season Team W L W/L% Finish
2018-19 Westchester Knicks 28 19 .596 3
2017-18 Westchester Knicks 32 18 .640 1
2016-17 Westchester Knicks 19 31 .380 3
2015-16 Westchester Knicks 28 22 .560 2
2014-15 Westchester Knicks 10 40 .200 5
The Westchester Knicks won the Atlantic Division last season, finished with the best record in the Eastern Conference and tied the eventual G League Champion Austin Spurs with the league's superlative clip. After earning a first round bye, the Knicks fell to Raptors 905 in the second round. In 2015-16, the Knicks lost to the Sioux Falls Skyforce twice in the first round.
The 2018-19 NBA G League regular season concludes on March 23 and the playoffs begin on March 26 at the earliest.
The team with the best regular-season record in each division automatically qualifies for the postseason as one of six "division winners." The additional six playoff berths will be filled by the three "wild card" teams in each conference with the best regular-season records, other than the division winners.
Winners of the division are not guaranteed a top three spot. They are only guaranteed a playoff spot. Playoffs for each conference will consist of three wildcard teams and three division winners and seeding will consist of overall record. The top two seeds in each conference will earn a bye into the second round. The playoffs will begin with three single-elimination rounds before culminating with a best-of-three NBA G League Finals, which will be played in a one-one-one format.
THE GARRETT EFFECT
When Billy Garrett adds 20 or more points in a game, Westchester is 13-4, 8-1 at home and 5-3 on the road.
THE ALLEN EFFECT
When Kadeem Allen registers eight or more assists in a game, Westchester is 12-3, 5-2 at home and 7-1 on the road.
In 13 games excluding Windy City (3/7) and Maine (3/10), he accounted for 37-percent of the team's assists (128-of-346). Of the Knicks currently with the team, Jameel Warney leads the team in scoring with 21.5 ppg but only appeared in six of those contests. Isaiah Hicks participated in 10 of those games scoring 20.4 ppg. The team averages 26.6 apg, and shoots 50.2-percent from the field and 41.8-percent from three. Allen averages 9.8 apg, 13.3 ppg and 5.1 rpg.
IN 28 WESTCHESTER WINS...
* Westchester averages 113.1 ppg.
* Jameel Warney leads with 19.8 ppg on 52.3-percent shooting in 12 games.
* Kadeem Allen averages 7.3 apg in 24 games.
* Billy Garrett averages 4.2 apg.
* Billy Garrett averages 17.6 ppg on 51.4-percent shooting.
* Zak Irvin averages 9.1 rpg in 13 games.
* Stephen Zimmerman averages 2.0 OREB in 24 games.
* Jameel Warney averages 7.8 rpg in 12 games.
* Kadeem Allen averages 1.5 spg in 24 games.
* Westchester shoots 50.1-percent from the field.
* Westchester shoots 37.4-percent from three.
* Westchester shoots 76.4-percent from the line.
* Westchester averages 25.3 apg.
* Westchester averages 55.1 rpg.
* Westchester averages 15.3 turnovers per game.
IN THE CLUTCH
Billy Garrett ranks 23rd in the league in clutch stats with 3.0 ppg.
JAMEEL WARNEY AROUND THE LEAGUE
Jameel Warney ranks 11th in the last five games played with 25.2 ppg on 46.3-percent He ties for sixth in the last five games with 10.0 FGM. He ranks 19th in the last five games with 10.2 rpg. Warney ranks 15th in the last 10 games played with 23.6 ppg on 51.9-percent shooting. Warney ranks 31st amongst forwards with 17.1 ppg. He has played the most games of anyone ranked ahead of him. Warney ranks 11th in the last five games with 4.2 OREB.
KADEEM ALLEN AROUND THE LEAGUE
Kadeem Allen ranks ninth in the league with 6.7 apg. Allen is slotted 11th in the last five games with 7.6 apg.
STEPHEN ZIMMERMAN AROUND THE LEAGUE
Stephen Zimmerman ranks 10th in the last ten games with 12.8 rebounds per game.
ZAK IRVIN AROUND THE LEAGUE
Zak Irvin ranks 14th in the league with 8.8 rpg.
ALLEN'S TRIPLE DOUBLE
Kadeem Allen became the second player in franchise history to record a triple-double in a 127-118 win over the Windy City Bulls on March 7, 2019. Thursday afternoon at Westchester County Center. Allen, who is a Two-Way Player, registered 16 points on 54.6-percent shooting, a career-high 12 rebounds and 12 assists. His triple-double performance is just the fourth of its kind in Westchester Knicks history.
FEBRUARY LEAGUE WIDE
* Jameel Warney ranked 10th with 24.0 ppg.
* Billy Garrett ranked 16th with 22.3 ppg.
* Kadeem Allen ranked third with 10.0 apg.
* Stephen Zimmerman ranked 12th with 11.0 rpg.
* Jameel Warney ranked 20th with 9.3 rpg.
* Jameel Warney ranked third with 10.3 FGM.
* Billy Garrett ranked 19th with 4.7 FTM.
BILLY GARRETT FRANCHISE LEADING SCORER
On February 12, Billy Garrett became the all-time leading scorer in franchise history with 1,156 points. He surpassed Thanasis Antetokounmpo's 1,132.
GARRETT PLAYER OF THE WEEK
On February 11, Billy Garrett Billy Garrett was named the NBA G League Player of the Week.
In a 2-0 week for Westchester, Garrett averaged a team-leading 30.0 points on 51.2-percent shooting, 3.5 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.5 steals and drained four triples.
In a double-overtime victory against Long Island (2/9), Garrett notched a career-high 39 points to go along with another career-best, 12 assists. The guard was 10-for-12 from the charity stripe and did not commit a single turnover in over 40 minutes played.
COACH MILLER REACHES 100
On February 8, 2019, the Westchester Knicks (21-16), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, topped the visiting Canton Charge (12-22), 112-96, at Westchester County Center. With the win, head coach Mike Miller earned his 100th career victory. He is 107-89 as of 3/10.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Christian Wood Comes up Big in Fourth to Give Herd Win over Magic - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Win Fifth-Straight with Victory at Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Bulls Clinch Spot in 2018-19 NBA G League Playoffs - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Record Crowd Witnesses Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Strong 4th Lifts Red Claws over Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Elie Okobo Recalled from Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Signs Charles Cooke to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs to Host Youth Sports and Fan Appreciation Games - Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Become "Stockton Asparaguys" to Celebrate Country Themed Game - Stockton Kings
- Knicks Visit Conference Leading Rival Nets Saturday - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Swarm, Allegacy Raise $2,450 for Backpack Beginnings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.