Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win
Oklahoma City - The Memphis Hustle (26-21) earned its third straight victory, and fourth in its last five games, by defeating the Oklahoma City Blue (30-16) 119-101 Friday night at Cox Convention Center. Memphis is still tied with Salt Lake City for fifth place in the Western Conference and both teams sit half of a game ahead of the Agua Caliente Clippers for the final two playoff spots.
Memphis native Markel Crawford scored a season-high 30 points off the bench (10-15 FG) and knocked down 8-of-13 three-pointers to lead the Hustle effort.
The Hustle only led by six (26-20) after the opening frame, but shot 52.6 percent (10-19 FG) while Oklahoma City managed just 32.0 percent (8-25 FG) from the field. Memphis owned a sizable advantage on the glass (18-5) in the period and outscored the Blue 16-8 in the paint. The Hustle trailed for the first several minutes of the game, but closed the period on a 13-0 run and held the Blue scoreless for the final 4:48 of the quarter.
Memphis went on a 10-0 run over a span of 3:16 in the second quarter to push its lead to double digits (41-30) with 5:36 remaining in the half. The Hustle would then outscore Oklahoma City 14-5 over the final two minutes of play, punctuated by two straight Jevon Carter three-pointers in the final 35 seconds, to take a 65-47 lead into halftime. Memphis would lead by as many as 25 and Oklahoma City would come no closer than a 12-point deficit in the second half.
The Hustle knocked down a season-high 20 three-pointers (20-42 3P) and outrebounded Oklahoma City by a margin of 57-38, including 15-7 on the offensive glass.
All five Memphis starters scored in double figures and three of them recorded double-doubles. Doral Moore had 17 points, tying a season-high, and 13 rebounds. The Hustle are now 6-0 when Moore posts a double-double and 16-5 when he scores in double figures. Tarik Phillip added 16 points and 10 rebounds. Julian Washburn (18 points, 10 rebounds) posted his fourth double-double in a Hustle uniform. Jevon Carter added 16 points and seven assists while Yuta Watanabe posted 13 points and seven rebounds.
Bryce Alford led Oklahoma City by scoring 25 points on 10-of-16 shooting (5-9 3P). Dez Wells (15 points), Chris Wright (13 points) and Justin Leon (10 points) each scored in double digits for the Blue off the bench. Kevin Hervey had 16 points on 4-of-6 shooting from beyond the arc. Donte Grantham was one point and one rebound shy of a double-double.
The Hustle continue its three-game road trip on Sunday, March 17 at Sanford Pentagon against the Sioux Falls Skyforce at 5 p.m. Memphis returns to Landers Center for its final regular season game, and fourth and final meeting with Oklahoma City, on Monday, March 22 at 7 p.m. Tickets are still available starting at $10 each and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Christian Wood Comes up Big in Fourth to Give Herd Win over Magic - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Win Fifth-Straight with Victory at Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Bulls Clinch Spot in 2018-19 NBA G League Playoffs - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Record Crowd Witnesses Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Strong 4th Lifts Red Claws over Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Elie Okobo Recalled from Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Signs Charles Cooke to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs to Host Youth Sports and Fan Appreciation Games - Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Become "Stockton Asparaguys" to Celebrate Country Themed Game - Stockton Kings
- Knicks Visit Conference Leading Rival Nets Saturday - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Swarm, Allegacy Raise $2,450 for Backpack Beginnings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Hustle Guard Tarik Phillip Signs with Washington Wizards
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract
- Rio Grande Valley Gets Red-Hot from Three-Point Range to Eliminate Hustle from G League Playoffs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle Budweiser Watch Party for Friday's Playoff Game at Buffalo Wild Wings in Southaven
- Strowbridge's Dagger Sends Hustle to Conference Semifinals