San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have recalled forward Chimezie Metu from the Austin Spurs of the NBA G League.
In 23 total games with Austin, Metu holds averages of 14.1 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.52 blocks in 27.7 minutes. Metu has scored in double-digits in 19-of-23 appearances with Austin, including seven-straight dating back to January 25. The former USC Trojan has played in 28 games with San Antonio.
Metu will be available for the Spurs as they host the New York Knicks tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the AT&T Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Christian Wood Comes up Big in Fourth to Give Herd Win over Magic - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Win Fifth-Straight with Victory at Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Bulls Clinch Spot in 2018-19 NBA G League Playoffs - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Record Crowd Witnesses Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Strong 4th Lifts Red Claws over Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Elie Okobo Recalled from Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Signs Charles Cooke to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs to Host Youth Sports and Fan Appreciation Games - Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Become "Stockton Asparaguys" to Celebrate Country Themed Game - Stockton Kings
- Knicks Visit Conference Leading Rival Nets Saturday - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Swarm, Allegacy Raise $2,450 for Backpack Beginnings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.