Blue Coats Fall to Bulls on Road
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL - The Delaware Blue Coats (19-26), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Windy City Bulls (27-20), 121-111, on the road on Friday night.
The Blue Coats now return home to 76ers Fieldhouse, where the team will play four of its final five games.
Rashad Vaughn posted his first double-double in a Blue Coats uniform with a team-high 23 points (9-15 fg, 5-9 3fg) and 11 rebounds, adding six assists in 33 minutes. Illinois native Jared Brownridge finished with 21 points (8-16 fg, 5-10 3fg) in 30 minutes for the Blue Coats, while 76ers two-way contract player Shake Milton added 18 points (7-18 fg, 1-6 3fg, 3-4 ft), seven rebounds and five rebounds in 35 minutes of action.
D.J. Hogg (five blocks) and 76ers two-way contract player Haywood Highsmith (four blocks) combined for nine of Delaware's season-high tying 13 blocked shots. Hogg neared a double-double with 11 points (5-11 fg, 1-5 3fg) and nine rebounds in 27 minutes, while Highsmith accomplished the feat with 10 points (5-13 fg, 0-3 3fg) and 10 rebounds in 36 minutes.
Windy City led 61-59 on its home floor at the halftime break.
Playing without the services of Norvel Pelle, who had recorded a double-double in each of his previous seven games, the Blue Coats were outrebounded 56-44 and lost the battle for points in the paint, 68-54.
With the win, Windy City clinches a playoff berth for the first time in franchise history. Bulls guard Walter Lemon Jr. notched a game-high 32 points (14-29 fg, 0-3 3fg, 4-6 ft) to go along with eight rebounds and six assists in 33 minutes. JaKarr Sampson recorded 30 points (13-23 fg, 1-3 3fg, 3-3 ft) and 12 rebounds in a double-double effort for the home team, while Kaiser Gates came off the bench to secure a double-double with 17 points (6-11 fg, 5-8 3fg) and 13 rebounds in 29 minutes.
The Blue Coats return home to 76ers Fieldhouse for a Saturday night meeting with the Raptors 905 at 7:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Christian Wood Comes up Big in Fourth to Give Herd Win over Magic - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Win Fifth-Straight with Victory at Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Bulls Clinch Spot in 2018-19 NBA G League Playoffs - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Record Crowd Witnesses Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Strong 4th Lifts Red Claws over Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Elie Okobo Recalled from Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Signs Charles Cooke to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs to Host Youth Sports and Fan Appreciation Games - Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Become "Stockton Asparaguys" to Celebrate Country Themed Game - Stockton Kings
- Knicks Visit Conference Leading Rival Nets Saturday - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Swarm, Allegacy Raise $2,450 for Backpack Beginnings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Doral Moore from Memphis Hustle
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Matt Lilly Promoted to Blue Coats General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Xavier Munford from Wisconsin Herd
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Julian Washburn from Austin Spurs