Windy City Bulls Clinch Spot in 2018-19 NBA G League Playoffs
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the NBA G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, defeated the Delaware Blue Coats 121-111 tonight at the Sears Centre Arena and for the first time in franchise history, have clinched a spot in the NBA G League Playoffs.
After winning just 5 of 17 games and experiencing significant roster changes early in the season, Windy City has won 22 of the last 30 games and currently sit atop the Central Division, a game and a half ahead of second place Grand Rapids. Based on current regular season records, the team first is set to play a single elimination round game on Wednesday, March 27. The opponent, location and time will be determined based upon final regular season records when the season concludes on March 23.
The 2018-19 NBA G League Playoff schedule includes three rounds of single elimination games against Conference opponents, before a three-game Finals that pits the Eastern Conference champion against the Western Conference champion. The six qualifying teams from each conference (three division winners and three wild card teams) are re-seeded for the playoffs based on regular season record. The higher seed for each round is designated as the home team.
Tickets for the first home playoff game that Windy City may host, designated as Game A, will go on sale tomorrow, March 16 at 12:00 PM CT at WindyCityBulls.com. 100 Level seating is only $10 while a limited number of courtside seats are available at regular season prices. Tickets that are purchased for any playoff games that are not played may be exchanged for any 2019-20 regular season Windy City home game.
In tonight's contest, six Bulls players scored in double figures led by Walt Lemon Jr. who collected his third 30-point game of the year and tallied 32 points to go with eight rebounds, six assists and three steals. JaKarr Sampson tallied a season-high 30 points and 12 rebounds for his 10th double-double of the season, while Kaiser Gates recorded 17 points and 13 rebounds. Mychal Mulder added 16 points and CJ Fair pitched in with 13 points and 10 rebounds in 30 minutes of action.
Rashad Vaughn posted a team-high 23 points, 11 rebounds and six assists to lead the way for the Blue Coats. Jared Brownridge registered 21 points on five made three-pointers, while Two-Way player Shake Milton collected 18 points, seven rebounds and five assists. D.J. Hogg and Matt Farrell had 11 points apiece and Haywood Highsmith stuffed the stat sheet with 10 points, 10 rebounds, five assists, two steals and four blocks.
Windy City travels to Lakeland and Erie next week before finishing the regular season at home against Canton on Saturday, March 23.
Fans can stay up-to-date on playoff news by following the team on Twitter (@WindyCityBulls) or visiting WindyCityBulls.com. Full season memberships for the 2019-20 Windy City Bulls season, which include complimentary tickets to any home playoff game that Windy City may host, are on sale now. For all ticket information, visit WindyCityBulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2019
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Christian Wood Comes up Big in Fourth to Give Herd Win over Magic - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Win Fifth-Straight with Victory at Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Crawford Leads Hustle Past Oklahoma City for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Windy City Bulls Clinch Spot in 2018-19 NBA G League Playoffs - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Woes Continue in Ninth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Record Crowd Witnesses Drive Victory - Grand Rapids Drive
- Strong 4th Lifts Red Claws over Nets - Maine Red Claws
- Elie Okobo Recalled from Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Heat Signs Charles Cooke to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs to Host Youth Sports and Fan Appreciation Games - Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Become "Stockton Asparaguys" to Celebrate Country Themed Game - Stockton Kings
- Knicks Visit Conference Leading Rival Nets Saturday - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Swarm, Allegacy Raise $2,450 for Backpack Beginnings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Winning Steak Ends at Three, Bulls Go Down in Grand Rapids 116-83
- Bulls Come Back from 19 Down to Grab Third Straight Victory
- McCallum Ties Career High, Bulls Close out Suns 109-95
- Mokoka, Doyle Lead Bulls to Education Day Win, 103-93
- Windy City Drops Overtime Thriller in Erie, 127-124