Six Rebels Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters
On Wednesday, the WHL announced the rosters for the WHL Cup. The WHL Cup features the highest-rated players in the under-16 age category from the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. The tournament will take place in Calgary from Wednesday, October 23 through Sunday, October 27.
The Rebels had six players named to the tournament. Hunter Mayo (Pictured above, 2nd round WHL Bantam Draft), Parker Lalonde (6th round WHL Bantam Draft) and Jhett Larson (8th round WHL Bantam Draft) are all on Team Saskatchewan. Justen Maric (5th round WHL Bantam Draft) is on Team Alberta, Jace Weir (2nd round WHL Bantam Draft) is on Team BC and Carter Anderson (3rd round WHL Bantam Draft) is on Team Manitoba.
Red Deer Rebels Assistant General Manager Shaun Sutter was pleased with the Rebels prospects getting recognized.
"We were pretty excited for all those players. They are all playing midget AAA and all playing primary roles on those teams. To have six guys make it and have it be our first six picks and to not have a first, fourth or seventh round pick in that draft, it says quite a bit, and bodes well for the future," says Sutter.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2019
- Six Rebels Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Prospects to Play in 2019 WHL Cup - Victoria Royals
- Four Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters - Prince George Cougars
- Calgary Hitmen Rise to Fifth in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- Kovacevic to play for Team BC at the 2019 WHL Cup - Kelowna Rockets
- Game Day Hub: October 9 - Portland Winterhawks
- Six Broncos Draft Picks to Play at WHL Cup - Swift Current Broncos
- Wheat Kings Deal Wytinck to Pats - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pats Acquire Overage Defenceman Zach Wytinck from Wheat Kings - Regina Pats
- Cougars, Prince George Community Foundation Team up for Mega 50/50 Jackpot - Prince George Cougars
- Chyzowski and Streek to Represent Team British Columbia at WHL Cup - Portland Winterhawks
- Seven Prospects Named to 2019 WHL Cup Rosters - Kamloops Blazers
- Five Blades Prospects Headed to 2019 WHL Cup - Saskatoon Blades
- Three Oil Kings Prospects Named to Rosters for 2019 WHL Cup - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Collora Signs with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- WHL Announces Rosters for 2019 WHL Cup - WHL
- Smith Named to Vaughn CHL Team of the Week - Spokane Chiefs
- Calling on Fans to Bring Food Donations Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Preview: Broncos Host Winterhawks to IPlex in Lone Meeting of the Season - Swift Current Broncos
- Game Preview: Saskatoon Continues Quest for First Home Victory on Winning Wednesday - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Double up Giants in WHL Championship Rematch - Prince Albert Raiders
- Giants Drop a 4-2 Decision Tuesday Night in Prince Albert - Vancouver Giants
- Tigers Take Down Winterhawks 4-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Five Unanswered Goals Give Oil Kings Comeback Win over Pats - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Five Unanswered Doom Pats - Regina Pats
- Isaiah DiLaura Impresses in His Winterhawks Debut - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Red Deer Rebels Stories
- Moon Leaving Rebels with Many Positive Memories, Mixed Emotions
- Cam Moon Named Oilers Play by Play Announcer
- Rebels' 2020-21 Roster Will be Top-Heavy in Returning Players
- No Training Camp for Rebels Prior to Start of 2020-21 Season
- Western Hockey League Announces Opening Date for 2020-21 Regular Season