Six Broncos Draft Picks to Play at WHL Cup
SWIFT CURRENT, SK - The Swift Current Broncos are proud to announce six of their 2019 WHL Bantam Draft picks will play at the WHL Cup this year. The event runs from October 23-27 in Calgary.
For Team BC, both of the Broncos first-round selections will be on the roster. Mathew Ward, the 14th overall pick, and Tyson Jugnauth, the 21st overall pick, will be on Team BC's roster.
Ward currently plays for West Van Academy in the CSSHL Midget Prep Division, while Jugnauth is playing for the Okanagan Rockets of the BC Major Midget League.
For Team Alberta, third-round pick Josh Davies will be on the roster. Davies burst onto the scene in Swift Current with an impressive pre-season, scoring five goals in four games. He scored a hat trick in his first pre-season game against Moose Jaw. He is playing the 2019-20 season with Pacific Coast Academy, also in the CSSHL Midget Prep Division.
Lastly, team Manitoba features a trio of Broncos prospects. Goaltender Reid Dyck, forward Karson King and defenceman Sam Court will all play in the WHL Cup.
Dyck appeared in three pre-season games, posting a 2-0 record. Court was drafted with the 46th overall pick after posting 38 points in 33 games for the Winnipeg Monarchs Bantam AAA team. He then added 10 points in 11 playoff games, helping the Monarchs win the league title while being named the WBAAA's defenceman of the year. He currently has five points in four games with the Winnipeg Wild Midget AAA team.
King was drafted 111th overall after scoring 41 points in 35 games with the Interlake Lightning Bantam AAA team. He also served as the team's captain. This year he has four points in three games with the Lightning Midget AAA program.
Broncos assistant coach Brandin Cote will serve as the head coach for Team Alberta during the event.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2019
- Six Rebels Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Prospects to Play in 2019 WHL Cup - Victoria Royals
- Four Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters - Prince George Cougars
- Calgary Hitmen Rise to Fifth in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- Kovacevic to play for Team BC at the 2019 WHL Cup - Kelowna Rockets
- Game Day Hub: October 9 - Portland Winterhawks
- Six Broncos Draft Picks to Play at WHL Cup - Swift Current Broncos
- Wheat Kings Deal Wytinck to Pats - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pats Acquire Overage Defenceman Zach Wytinck from Wheat Kings - Regina Pats
- Cougars, Prince George Community Foundation Team up for Mega 50/50 Jackpot - Prince George Cougars
- Chyzowski and Streek to Represent Team British Columbia at WHL Cup - Portland Winterhawks
- Seven Prospects Named to 2019 WHL Cup Rosters - Kamloops Blazers
- Five Blades Prospects Headed to 2019 WHL Cup - Saskatoon Blades
- Three Oil Kings Prospects Named to Rosters for 2019 WHL Cup - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Collora Signs with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- WHL Announces Rosters for 2019 WHL Cup - WHL
- Smith Named to Vaughn CHL Team of the Week - Spokane Chiefs
- Calling on Fans to Bring Food Donations Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Preview: Broncos Host Winterhawks to IPlex in Lone Meeting of the Season - Swift Current Broncos
- Game Preview: Saskatoon Continues Quest for First Home Victory on Winning Wednesday - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Double up Giants in WHL Championship Rematch - Prince Albert Raiders
- Giants Drop a 4-2 Decision Tuesday Night in Prince Albert - Vancouver Giants
- Tigers Take Down Winterhawks 4-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Five Unanswered Goals Give Oil Kings Comeback Win over Pats - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Five Unanswered Doom Pats - Regina Pats
- Isaiah DiLaura Impresses in His Winterhawks Debut - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.