Smith Named to Vaughn CHL Team of the Week
Spokane, Wash. - Spokane Chiefs captain Ty Smith has been named to the Vaughn CHL Team of the Week, as announced by the Canadian Hockey League on Tuesday afternoon. The recognition came just after Smith was named WHL Player of the Week.
Smith, returning to the club after attending training camp with the New Jersey Devils, needed little time to adjust to game action as he came away with six points (3G-3A) in a trio of appearances. The high-water mark was Smith's season debut against the Seattle Thunderbirds in which he collected three points and claimed first-star honors.
A first-round pick of the Devils in 2018, Smith has appeared in 197 regular season games with the Chiefs, piling up 182 points including 153 assists, good for 14th in franchise history.
The Chiefs take on the Prince George Cougars this Friday, October 11. It will be the Winter Warmth Clothing Drive as fans can purchase tickets to the night's game for just $6 when they bring a new or gently used cold-weather clothing donation to the game. Those who already have a ticket to the game are eligible to receive a $5 coupon to the Chiefs Team Store in exchange for their donation.
Tickets for Friday and all Chiefs home games are available online at spokanechiefs.com and via the Chiefs' Ticket Office, over the phone at 509-535-PUCK or in-person at Spokane Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 9, 2019
- Six Rebels Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Prospects to Play in 2019 WHL Cup - Victoria Royals
- Four Prospects Named to WHL Cup Rosters - Prince George Cougars
- Calgary Hitmen Rise to Fifth in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- Kovacevic to play for Team BC at the 2019 WHL Cup - Kelowna Rockets
- Game Day Hub: October 9 - Portland Winterhawks
- Six Broncos Draft Picks to Play at WHL Cup - Swift Current Broncos
- Wheat Kings Deal Wytinck to Pats - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pats Acquire Overage Defenceman Zach Wytinck from Wheat Kings - Regina Pats
- Cougars, Prince George Community Foundation Team up for Mega 50/50 Jackpot - Prince George Cougars
- Chyzowski and Streek to Represent Team British Columbia at WHL Cup - Portland Winterhawks
- Seven Prospects Named to 2019 WHL Cup Rosters - Kamloops Blazers
- Five Blades Prospects Headed to 2019 WHL Cup - Saskatoon Blades
- Three Oil Kings Prospects Named to Rosters for 2019 WHL Cup - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Collora Signs with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- WHL Announces Rosters for 2019 WHL Cup - WHL
- Smith Named to Vaughn CHL Team of the Week - Spokane Chiefs
- Calling on Fans to Bring Food Donations Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Preview: Broncos Host Winterhawks to IPlex in Lone Meeting of the Season - Swift Current Broncos
- Game Preview: Saskatoon Continues Quest for First Home Victory on Winning Wednesday - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Double up Giants in WHL Championship Rematch - Prince Albert Raiders
- Giants Drop a 4-2 Decision Tuesday Night in Prince Albert - Vancouver Giants
- Tigers Take Down Winterhawks 4-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Five Unanswered Goals Give Oil Kings Comeback Win over Pats - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Five Unanswered Doom Pats - Regina Pats
- Isaiah DiLaura Impresses in His Winterhawks Debut - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Chiefs Stories
- Three Former Chiefs on NHL Opening Night Rosters, More on Taxi Squads
- Chiefs Announce Player Development Updates for 2020-21 Season
- ParÃÂk Perfect as Czechs Blank Russians at World Juniors
- Michael King and James Porter Released
- Jack Finley Signs Entry-Level Contract with Tampa Bay Lightning