Seven-Run Seventh Helps Memphis to 11-3 Win
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana - Edmundo Sosa went 4-for-5 and Andrew Knizner and Randy Arozarena homered in an 11-3 Memphis Redbirds win over the New Orleans Baby Cakes (Marlins) Wednesday night in New Orleans, La.
The win is Memphis' 16th in its last 19 games. Each Redbirds (67-68) starter had at least one hit and one run scored in the game, and six drove in runs.
Arozarena led off the game with a single, and he is now on a seven-game hitting streak while reaching base in 44-straight starts.
Memphis led 4-0 before New Orleans (70-63) scored twice in the bottom of the fourth inning. Chris Ellis worked 5.0 innings and picked up the win, allowing two runs on six hits, before being lifted.
Bryan Dobzanski made his Triple-A debut with a scoreless sixth inning, and the Redbirds exploded for seven runs on five hits in the top of the seventh while New Orleans made two of its five errors in the game. Arozarena capped off the inning with his 11th home run of the season and fourth in six games, a two-run shot.
Dobzanski worked another scoreless inning in the seventh, and Chasen Shreve tossed the final two frames for the Redbirds.
Justin Williams was on base three times in the game with two singles and a walk.
The Redbirds are on an eight-game road trip to conclude the 2019 campaign, still in the hunt for a division championship and playoff berth, with one more game at New Orleans tomorrow night at 7:00 followed by four games at first-place Iowa over Labor Day Weekend.
Upcoming Games of Note at AutoZone Park
Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 7:00: Triple A-National Championship Game presented by Ephesus Sports Lighting; free BBQ Nachos and a drink to all fans as part of "Nacho Average Tuesday" presented by Dave & Buster's
For more information on the 2019 season, visit www.memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Missions Top Express 14-8 as Comeback Stalls - Round Rock Express
- Three-Run Ninth Inning Lifts Cubs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Victory Drops Magic Number to One - Iowa Cubs
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls Short for Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Power Past Storm Chasers - Nashville Sounds
- Seven-Run Seventh Helps Memphis to 11-3 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds Roll Behind Seven-Run Seventh - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Ty France Named PCL Rookie of the Year - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-71) at Omaha Storm Chasers (57-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Al Sandoval Named Pacific Coast League Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators Host Tacoma from August 30 - Sept 2; PCL Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (66-68) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (70-62) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 28, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- El Paso's France Takes Home Rookie of the Year Award - PCL
- Reno Aces Game Notes - at Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Bees Can't Complete Comeback - Salt Lake Bees
- Makynlee Culbertson to Celebrate "Home Run for Lifeâ? with OKC Dodgers Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Falling Short in a Heartbreaker - San Antonio Missions
- Chihuahuas Get within Two of First - El Paso Chihuahuas
- River Cats' comeback falls just short against Aces - Sacramento River Cats
- Tacos stifled by Taco-ma on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Hagens Shines in Reno Victory - Reno Aces
- Nolin, Rainiers Edge Fresno to End Six-Game Losing Streak - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Break Team's Single-Season Home Run Record in Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Edge Missions 4-3 to Increase Division Lead - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- AutoZone Park to Host Free Movie Night Presented by Terminix
- MLB Names Peter B. Freund to Guide Transition of Licensed Affiliates
- Memphis Redbirds Statement on Season Cancellation
- Minor League Baseball Delays Start of 2020 Season
- Redbirds Single-Game Tickets on Sale