Bees Can't Complete Comeback
All nine Salt Lake batters had at least one hit each, but it wasn't enough, as the El Paso Chihuahuas edged the Bees 7-6 on Tuesday night.
Salt Lake trailed 2-0 in the fifth, but scored two runs to tie the game on a passed ball and an RBI single by Brennon Lund. After El Paso plated one run in the bottom of the fifth to regain the lead, the Bees jumped in front in the sixth on a three run homer by Jose Rojas, his 30th of the season. The lead didn't last long, as the Chihuahuas came right back with three of their own in the bottom of the sixth with the last two coming on a two run homer by Peter Van Gansen.
El Paso added an insurance run in the 8th to take a 7-5 lead and they needed it, as Jo Adell led off the ninth with a double and scored on a single by Jared Walsh to get the Bees back to within one, but he never advanced past first base, as the next three batters were retired with Jose Rojas ending the game with a hard line out to first. Jose Rodriguez (3-3) was tagged with the loss, as he surrendered the three runs in the sixth inning. The Bees lost starter Nick Tropeano when he was warmed up and ready to go, but a one hour, three minute rain and hail delay took place in the top of the first. Adell led the Bees with his second straight three hit game, while Rojas added two hits and three runs batted in. Brennon Lund had a pair of singles to extend his hitting streak to six games. He now has five consecutive games with two hits each.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Missions Top Express 14-8 as Comeback Stalls - Round Rock Express
- Three-Run Ninth Inning Lifts Cubs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Victory Drops Magic Number to One - Iowa Cubs
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls Short for Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Power Past Storm Chasers - Nashville Sounds
- Seven-Run Seventh Helps Memphis to 11-3 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds Roll Behind Seven-Run Seventh - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Ty France Named PCL Rookie of the Year - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-71) at Omaha Storm Chasers (57-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Al Sandoval Named Pacific Coast League Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators Host Tacoma from August 30 - Sept 2; PCL Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (66-68) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (70-62) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 28, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- El Paso's France Takes Home Rookie of the Year Award - PCL
- Reno Aces Game Notes - at Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Bees Can't Complete Comeback - Salt Lake Bees
- Makynlee Culbertson to Celebrate "Home Run for Lifeâ? with OKC Dodgers Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Falling Short in a Heartbreaker - San Antonio Missions
- Chihuahuas Get within Two of First - El Paso Chihuahuas
- River Cats' comeback falls just short against Aces - Sacramento River Cats
- Tacos stifled by Taco-ma on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Hagens Shines in Reno Victory - Reno Aces
- Nolin, Rainiers Edge Fresno to End Six-Game Losing Streak - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Break Team's Single-Season Home Run Record in Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Edge Missions 4-3 to Increase Division Lead - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.