Reno Aces Game Notes - at Sacramento
Today's Game: With another victory in last night's contest, the Reno Aces are still alive in the 2019 Pacific Coast League playoff hunt with six games remaining. Braden Shipley will take the mound tonight looking to prolong the Aces season against right-hander Justin Haley. Reno holds a 8-6 series advantage against the River Cats this season with two games left at Raley Field.
About Last Night: The Aces returned to Raley Field in Sacramento for the second consecutive night and for the second consecutive night walked away with a victory. Behind an outstanding start from Bradin Hagens (7.0 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 7 K), Reno defeated the Pacific Northern Division leaders by a score of 5-4. Solo home runs by Carlos Asuaje, Josh Prince and Domingo Leyba provided the spark for the Reno offense Tuesday night.
On this day in baseball history: On this date in 2009, John Hester, appearing as a pinch-hitter in the sixth inning, homers in his first major league at-bat in Arizona's 14-7 victory over Houston. The 25 year-old catcher becomes the 101st player to accomplish the feat, and the second Diamondback player this season, joining Gerardo Parra, who also went deep in his first big league plate appearance in May. Hester hit .328 in 92 games with Reno in 2009 and hit nine homers.
Been a while: Josh Prince hit his first home run of the season last night for the Reno Aces and first Triple-A homer in a long time. His last Triple-A homer came on August 26, 2013 while playing with the Nashville Sounds. The 31-year-old has 39 Minor League homers in his career and his six last season with the Double-A Jackson Generals.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Missions Top Express 14-8 as Comeback Stalls - Round Rock Express
- Three-Run Ninth Inning Lifts Cubs - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Victory Drops Magic Number to One - Iowa Cubs
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls Short for Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Power Past Storm Chasers - Nashville Sounds
- Seven-Run Seventh Helps Memphis to 11-3 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Redbirds Roll Behind Seven-Run Seventh - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Ty France Named PCL Rookie of the Year - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (61-71) at Omaha Storm Chasers (57-76) - Nashville Sounds
- Al Sandoval Named Pacific Coast League Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators Host Tacoma from August 30 - Sept 2; PCL Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (66-68) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (70-62) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 28, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- El Paso's France Takes Home Rookie of the Year Award - PCL
- Reno Aces Game Notes - at Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Bees Can't Complete Comeback - Salt Lake Bees
- Makynlee Culbertson to Celebrate "Home Run for Lifeâ? with OKC Dodgers Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Falling Short in a Heartbreaker - San Antonio Missions
- Chihuahuas Get within Two of First - El Paso Chihuahuas
- River Cats' comeback falls just short against Aces - Sacramento River Cats
- Tacos stifled by Taco-ma on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Hagens Shines in Reno Victory - Reno Aces
- Nolin, Rainiers Edge Fresno to End Six-Game Losing Streak - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Break Team's Single-Season Home Run Record in Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Edge Missions 4-3 to Increase Division Lead - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Reno Aces Debut Flex Four Pack to Offer Complete Flexibility in 2021
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap