Sens to Welcome Smith as Part of History of AHL Night
American Hockey League Hall of Famer Brad Smyth will be in attendance Friday night when the Belleville Senators host the Utica Comets.
Smyth will be available as part of a first intermission meet-and-greet as part of History of the American Hockey League presented by Gay Lea.
The 46-year-old played 88 NHL games, 12 of which came with Ottawa during the 2002-03 season. However, he made his name in the AHL where he scored 326 goals and tallied 667 points in 610 games. He won a Calder Cup in 2000 with Hartford and was the league's MVP in 1995-96 after scoring 68 goals with Carolina. Since his 126 point season that year, no player has surpassed that point total in a season since.
He was part of the 2019 AHL Hall of Fame class while his 667 points are the 30th most in AHL history. The Ottawa native is one of six AHL players ever to hit the 50-goal mark twice and one of seven players ever to lead the league in goals on two separate occasions.
Tickets for Friday's game, which sees the North Division Senators battle the third-placed Comets, are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2020
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 18 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sens to Welcome Smyth as Part of History of AHL Night - Belleville Senators
- Condors Home for Two Huge Crowds this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolves Add Glass, Whitecloud - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Recall Scarfo, Reassign Hawkins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 18, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Looks to Hold Top Spot Amid Divisional Play - Hershey Bears
- Russell Dickerson to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens to Welcome Smith as Part of History of AHL Night - Belleville Senators
- Coyotes Recall Aaron Ness from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Weekly: Penguins Steady in Playoff Hunt as Three-In-Three Approaches - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Donate Life Awareness Night February 28 - Syracuse Crunch
- 'Canes Acquire Keane from Rangers - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Finish Illinois Road Trip, Host San Antonio - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rangers Acquire Forward Julien Gauthier - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Florida Panthers Recall Aleksi Saarela from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Kaut from Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Tucson Concludes Gem Show Road Trip In San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Win Second-Straight, Down Tucson 6-3 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Belleville Senators Forward Josh Norris Voted Winner of Dudley (Red) Garrett Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie
- BSens Announce 2019-20 Team Awards
- Norris and Batherson Named to 2019-20 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams
- Norris and Formenton Named 2019-20 AHL All-Rookie Team
- Belleville Senators Announce AHL 2019/20 Season Cancellation