Senators Can't Get Going after Delay
After a nearly two-hour rain delay Wednesday night, Hartford scored four runs in the fifth inning en route to a 5-2 win over the Senators. Kevin McGowan homered for the Senators tying the game at one in the third inning, but it wasn't enough for the Senators. Other than the home run, the Senators managed just five other singles. They had two runners on base simultaneously just once in the game. The game was delayed by rain for 1:57 and didn't begin until 9:02 p.m.
On Capitol Hill
Kevin McGowan started and went six innings allowing five runs on five hits. He retired 10 straight batters at one point in the game, spanning the first through fourth innings.
Greg Holland pitched a perfect seventh inning with two strikeouts.
Andrew Istler pitched the eighth and allowed a single and two walks but picked a runner off second which helped lead to a scoreless inning.
With the Gavel
Kevin McGowan homered to account for one of the two Sens home runs. It was his first professional home run.
Besides the McGowan home run, the Senators managed just five other hits.
The Senators did not have an at bat with a runner in scoring position in the game.
- With their win, Hartford wins the series though the Sens have won the season series.
- Earlier Wednesday Erie was swept in a doubleheader by Richmond and Bowie lost to Reading so Bowie's lead over Erie is one game with five games to play. Bowie holds the tiebreaker.
- With Reading's win over Bowie, the Fightin Phils clinched the second half Eastern Division title.
The Senators play game five of their series against the Hartford Yard Goats Thursday night at 7:05 p.m. at Dunkin' Donuts Park. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Fightins Clinch Playoff Berth - Reading Fightin Phils
- Moniak hits Fightins back to playoffs for first time since 2016 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Gold, Nevin, Money in the Bank in Yard Goats Victory - Hartford Yard Goats
- Senators Can't Get Going after Delay - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels Sweep Doubleheader over SeaWolves - Erie SeaWolves
- Phils Clinch Playoff Spot with 2-1 Win over Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Flying Squirrels Sweep SeaWolves in Wednesday Double-Header - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Jannis Tosses Complete Game, Fans 10 in Ponies' Win over Sea Dogs - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Brady Returns to Haunt RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Offense, Brady Lead Curve to Third Straight Win - Altoona Curve
- Binghamton with a 7-2 Win on Wednesday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats - Thunder Game Postponed Due to Rain Wednesday - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Thunder and Fisher Cats Rained Out - Trenton Thunder
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #135: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (28-41, 63-71) vs. Portland Sea Dogs (31-34, 62-74) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Jose Azocar Named Eastern League Rookie of the Year - Erie SeaWolves
- Matt Manning Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Year - Erie SeaWolves
- Erie's Matt Manning Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Year - EL
- Erie's Jose Azocar Named Eastern League Rookie of the Year - EL
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 28th at Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12