Rush Players Shave Heads in Support of Breast Cancer
(Rapid City, SD) - Today, Rapid City Rush players and staff shed their locks in support of breast cancer awareness and research.
Rush players and staff shaved their heads in support of the fight against cancer after the generous donations at 'Pink at the Rink Night'. On Friday night, Rush fans met the goal of $10,000 raised during the Rush versus Sundogs game. All of the money raised will stay in the Rapid City community.
"It's nice to be able to shave our heads for such a great cause," said Rush Captain Scott Wray. "Some people don't have the choice, so it's our way of supporting and honoring them. I would like to thank the fans for their tremendous support, without them, none of this is possible. I know I speak for the players when I say that we look forward continuing this great annual event."
Rush Players Scott Wray, Ryan Menei, Josh Beaulieu, Andrew Smale, Scott Kalinchuk and Jamie Carroll as well as General Manager Tim Hill all buzzed their heads for the cause.
"I'm very proud of not only the players, my entire staff for stepping up and sacrificing their hair for great cause," said Rush General Manager Tim Hill. "They said they were going to fully support the event and they followed through with it. As an organization, we are committed to 'Pink in the Rink' as an annual event and we strive to continue to build on the success."
The Rush play the Colorado Eagles tomorrow at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center at 6:35pm. Tickets are still available.
Other Rush News:
Playoff tickets for the 2011 postseason are now available. To purchase, call the Rush office at 716-7825.
Stay informed on Rush happenings through the official Rapid City Rush team website, www.RapidCityRush.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2011
- Rush Players Shave Heads in Support of Breast Cancer - Rapid City Rush
- Valley View Elementary Students Rewarded for Charity Efforts with Player Visit - Rapid City Rush
- Shots from the Point for February 14, 2011 - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs to Host Three Games this Week - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Waive Delforte - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks' Mike Berry Named Player of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- "Rock the Puck for Stars" March 8th - Laredo Bucks
- Komets Complete Week 18 with Two Shutouts - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gems Player Kyle Bochek Has His Date with a Fan Tuesday Evening - Dayton Gems
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Oilers Home Stand Continues - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Weekly Review - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Close out Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder Wins One, Drops Two - Wichita Thunder
- Strong Third Period Leads Mavs to Weekend Win - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Score Three in Third to Beat Eagles, 7-4 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.