Gems Player Kyle Bochek Has His Date with a Fan Tuesday Evening
DAYTON, OH - The Dayton Gems announced last week that forward Kyle Bochek would be placed on e-bay and auctioned off for a date with one lucky fan on Tuesday, Feb. 15.
The auction officially came to a close on Sunday afternoon with LaOnna Gillett of West Manchester being the highest bidder.
Gillett paid $545 for the big night.
There were a total of 50 bids for the Bochek date, including 12 in the final hour.
The date will begin on Tuesday night when Bochek arrives at Gillett's home in West Manchester to pick her up in a limousine from Beats Feet.
The date will include a dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Dayton and ice skating at RiverScape MetroPark before Gillett is dropped off at the end of the night. Furst Florist has also donated a bouquet of flowers for Gillett to enjoy.
A portion of the proceeds from the auction went to the Noble Circle Chapter of Dayton and the Women's Wellness Fund at Kettering Medical Center.
The auction rounded out a week of raising money for the two charities in an effort to raise awareness about breast cancer.
In addition to the date with Bochek, the Gems also auctioned off the pink jerseys players wore during Saturday's game against Fort Wayne. The Gems ended up raising over $2,500 for the two organizations over the weekend.
The Kettering Medical Center is proud to be the official title sponsor of the Gems for the 2010-11 season.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2011
- Rush Players Shave Heads in Support of Breast Cancer - Rapid City Rush
- Valley View Elementary Students Rewarded for Charity Efforts with Player Visit - Rapid City Rush
- Shots from the Point for February 14, 2011 - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs to Host Three Games this Week - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Waive Delforte - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks' Mike Berry Named Player of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- "Rock the Puck for Stars" March 8th - Laredo Bucks
- Komets Complete Week 18 with Two Shutouts - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gems Player Kyle Bochek Has His Date with a Fan Tuesday Evening - Dayton Gems
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Oilers Home Stand Continues - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Weekly Review - Dayton Gems
- Bucks Close out Home Stand Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder Wins One, Drops Two - Wichita Thunder
- Strong Third Period Leads Mavs to Weekend Win - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Score Three in Third to Beat Eagles, 7-4 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Gems Stories
- Dayton Gems Donate Thousands of Dollars to Local Family & Area First Responders
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today
- Gems Fall in Overtime to Komets 2-1 on Saturday Night
- Gems Host Komets for "Pack the House Night"